“Wrong bill 🤦🏻‍♀️”
Review of Bodega

Bodega
Ranked #86 of 1,327 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: Welcome to Leicester's only independent South American restaurant. Bodega is located in the centre of Leicester and prides itself on great tasting fresh food, excellent customer service and a superb drinks menu. Our food covers Mexican as well as Argentinian, Peruvian, Chilean and Brazilian dishes. Our drinks menu is one of the most comprehensive in the city with a great range of fresh cocktails, South American bottled beers and wines.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across Bodega yesterday.
Only two of us and the place wasn’t busy. We were given the smallest of tables despite tables for 4+ not being used. Food was good but no bread offered etc for the sauce of the tapas, when we asked we confused the waiter.
Main gripe is we were given the wrong bill. Which we paid, not realising it was the wrong bill.
It was then demanded that we pay the extra couple of quid.
This was fine, however the whole attitude of the staff in this situation was off putting. Won’t be revisiting

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for dropping by and for taking the time to write a review.
You are correct that we don’t give out sides of bread to accompany our dishes and our menu doesn’t state that we do. This might be the reason why your server was confused at the time. We can only apologise that you were given the wrong bill by mistake in the first place but our server did their job in subsequently pointing this out.
I’m sorry if you took exception to their attitude when doing this.

Regards, Audrey

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My friends and I visited Bodega for a birthday lunch. As we were a group of 9 I was required to pay £45 deposit (£5 per person) and fill in a pre-order form for food which I emailed over 4 days before. When I received the order form there were no burrito options so I had to email Bodega back to notify them of the error. I was then sent and amended pre order form. I then noticed that there was no sweet potato fries as a side option on the form but was on the menu but couldn't be bothered to email again for yet another amended form when it should have been correct the first time, so I simply added the fries order onto the copy of my email.

When we got to the venue we ordered drinks and then asked for our food to be brought out. They proceeded to bring out our food but only one person received the sides we had ordered. We called over the waiter to tell him we were still missing 1 side of plantain, 4 sweet potato fries and 1 jalapeños. He told us that they didn't have any jalapeños left but would bring out the other missing orders.
When making the booking over the phone I was told we had to pre order to make sure they didn't run out of the options we wanted to order on the day. Which they did anyway.
By the time we received the 4 sweet potato fries everyone had already finished their mains. It was kind of pointless having to pre order when one of our dishes was no longer available and half of the orders came out after everyone had finished eating.
We also asked for a jug of water as soon as we arrived but didn't get it until the end of our meal.

The food was ok. Not the best I've had but they really need to work on their service and improve their pre order system. We probably would have been better off just turning up and ordering when we got there.

Hi Gemma,

Thank you for the helpful feedback. We’re really sorry to hear about the bad service you received before and during your visit at Bodega. This is not acceptable and we can only apologise for the mistakes. Rest assured your comments have been looked into and passed on to the management team to get the matters sorted out.
We do hope that you can trust us enough to visit us again in the future so we can show you a proper Bodega experience.

Regards,
Audrey

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I love Mexican food so i was so excited to try this but when the food arrived the portion size was small and the services was poor. I order a burrito with more mushrooms and avocado but the burrito had no avocado and it was tiny burrito for its price. Then I asked for water and didn't receive any water. At the end the waiter said 'I forgot to bring you water' while I was paying for my meal. Overall, the atmosphere was lovely but the food was quite poor.

Hi chandz94,

Thanks for dropping by and for taking the time to write a review. We’re happy to read that you enjoy the atmosphere of our Cantina but really sorry to read about your recent experience of poor service at Bodega. This is definitely not what we consider acceptable and I can only apologise for the poor communication that you received with the water.
Regarding the food, we have recently changed our food menu and we apologise that you experienced an inferior dish and we do hope that you’ll get in touch so that we can arrange for you to try the updated version. Please contact steve.bould@bittersntwisted.co.uk to make the arrangements.

Regards,
Audrey

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

After a bit of shopping in Leicester we popped in here for lunch.

My sister had tacos and quesadillas with mole chicken and she ate the lot and loved every mouthful. She has the brum runner cocktail which she said was one of the best she has ever had.

I had the arroz con gambos with sweet potatoes fries and they were delicious.

Super little place with great food!

BnTVenues, Manager at Bodega, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hello Sandra C,

Thank you for your review of Bodega, great to hear we hit the spot after a busy day!

See you again soon,
Vicky

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Such a shame. We were congratulating ourselves for our new “find” after our lovely nacho starter and drinks. If we’d have left then, it would have been perfect. The waiter asked if we wanted the next course straightaway. We said “yes” and we were left waiting for ages. Two waiters said food was on its way at different times. When it arrived, the street food was bland and pretty tasteless. Not what you’d expect from Mexican. The almost inedible vegetarian quesadillas of fried mushrooms and cheese could have been made in five minutes, as could each dish, really. So why the delay? The refried beans were absent. When we queried this, the waiter said it was part of the “mole” - which we said was missing! He looked at it and whisked it away and refunded the dish immediately.

The manager had said earlier on they were one member of staff down. It was obviously the chef.