“Unfortunately expectations were not met”
Review of Gani’s Tawa

Gani’s Tawa
Ranked #830 of 1,246 Restaurants in Leicester
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had heard a few good and great things about Gani's. I was intrigued as I hadn't been to Leicester for a while for a meal. The FB page and reviews for Gani's looked intoxicating and really fancy. I was quite excited to go for the meal after making a reservation a week ago. Yes Easter Sunday was always going to be busy but we turned up early and we were seated. Decor was really nice and table was ok. Initial service by staff was fairly attentative, However I think staff under manned for the amount of customers in restaurant. It took approx 20-25 mins for the food to come out, our non veg tawa had two spring rolls missing which we didnt noticed but head waiter came rushing with them on a plate. The Manchurian starter and Non Veg starter were overly spicy which took us by surprise. Unfortunately the extra starter of Chicken Lollipop came with the main courses, they were delicious, but staff didnt clear up plates till we asked and extra plates had to be requested. My wife wasnt happy that the main courses came out with a starter and was cold by the time we started eating it. The main courses both were very average, this place it seems to run on it's Grills and Tawas, the vegetarian options were very lacking and the one we ordered very ordinary, it was left half eaten. Again trying to catch attention of staff who were running around like headless chicken was a mission. The food was very hit and miss, curries woeful, starters were good to ok. Quite disappointing overall trip and meal. I doubt I would give this restaurant another chance.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this place as it looked clean, which it was. Service was good as to be honest, it was pretty much empty.

Food was quite alright. Portion sizes for the price were quite small which disappointed me slightly. Meat on the lamb chop was very fatty. But chicken meat was good.

Curry was VERY oily but was fresh and of a good taste.

Overall an average place to go but not as cheap as you would expect as it had a cafe feel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was okay wasnt the best could improve by adding more curry portion than dry stuff and donner is abit odd in a tawa defo should remove it and add something else service was good and so was the staf

Rate: 7/10

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent service, clean restaurant, Food at its best.
Highly recommended.
Best is the Non veg choice.
Must visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited the restaurant yesterday night the chicken was uncooked got it replaced but still disappointed as again it was uncooked and now me and husband are suffering from bad tummy problem.... I don't think I will visit the restaurant again.