“Not GF Friendly!”

Ranked #172 of 1,320 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our burgers are handmade from scratch HERE everyday, using traditionally reared 100% prime Scotch beef, mixed together with a selection of fresh ingredients & seasonings before being flame grilled to order. Our fresh cut chips are made from farm fresh potatoes, peeled & cut before being double fried to make them fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Our menu boasts over 40 burgers! A great selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free burgers, deliciously decadent desserts and shakes. Our sides include handmade coleslaw, onion rings, sweet potato fries, chicken wings and halloumi bites! Make sure to try our Premium fresh cut chips - Denver, Cheesy & Mexican. Halal chicken is available upon request.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Surprisingly, given the fact they promote that they're GF friendly, our experience was anything but!

I ordered a GF burger only to find the burger bun wrapped in plastic and I was supposed to build the burger myself on my plate - a bit of a messy and embarrassing task!

However, upon unwrapping the bun, it was pre-cut not in the middle but with a wafer thin cut on one half meaning it wouldn't hold the meat. The staff agreed it wasn't right.

When I asked for a replacement bun the staff returned stating they had run out of GF buns...during early evening on Good Friday!?? Surely management would want to stock up ahead of a busy weekend?

Given that they threw away the original bun (not sure why if it was last one) the only option I was provided with was a salad or slaw. I accepted a salad and didn't put up a fuss as the meal by this point was almost over.

All my other family guests were ok with their food but this spoiled it for me personally. Things happen, I accept that, but this just felt like poor management. I won't be coming here again!!

Nikki J, Public Relations Manager at Handmade Burger Co, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello There,

We keep the GF bun individually wrapped to ensure customers that there is no possible chance of cross contamination. I will forward your comments onto our suppliers who will be able to look into the way that they are sliced.

The area manager has been made aware of the issues raised and will be speaking with the team to ensure that this does not happen again. Apologies for the poor experience.

Thanks for your feedback, we really do appreciate it.

Cheers,

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We visited about 2pm on a Saturday and the place was half empty. The staff were really friendly and accommodating.
The food when it arrived was barely hot, we all ordered burgers/fries and they were ok. The Baby didn't like his as I think it was a bit too chewy for him.
Although we'd ordered him the junior meal, no ice cream was offered for him.
It feels like a place that's really lost its mojo.

Hello There,

Thank you for your comments. I have passed your feedback onto the restaurant team who will endeavour to work on the issues raised. If you wish to forward any more information on the matter, Head Office can look into this for you. info@handmadeburger.co.uk, you will need to send them your receipt number, date and time of visit.

Thanks,

Reviewed 12 March 2018

After TGI's massive failure we tried Handmade burger and wow, brill will be going again. Friendly staff and good food

Hello,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, we eally do apprecaite it!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I visited Handmade Burger at the Highcross during my lunch, I wanted to try something different. I thought the staff were very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. The food was nice and the environment was spacious and clean. They have a small vegan section on the menu, which was nice. I would love to see a larger vegan option. Will visit again with friends and family. :)

Hello,

Thanks so much for the feedback. We will forward your comments onto the restaurant team who can look into expanding their vegan options!

Cheers,

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Despite being an upmarket burger restaurant there were 6 or more vegetarian burger options most of which were vegan. The vegan burgers were all seed/bean based and of excellent quality.

Hello Paul,

Thanks so much for the feedback. We do try and include as may options and variety as we can so we are really pleased you enjoy the meu as much as we do!

Thanks,