“Nice Carvery ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

8 of us all had Carvery and we all enjoyed it and the starters...good value for money and the children were kept entertained by the games.
The only criticism I have is the roast beef had quiet alot of fat on but other than that was very nice.

1  Thank Twin1101
ManagerGynsillsFarm, Manager at The Gynsills Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are pleased to hear that your visit with us was a successful one.
We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Grubby tables, cutlery and menu's, kids had carvery too with extra yorki n pigs n blankets extra £1 yet that covered the plate completely,leaving no room for food,food was touching the table,

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
1  Thank derekl332018

Thank you for your review.
Please rest assured our tables are wiped and sanitised between each customer, our cutlery is waged and polished and our menus are wiped clean every evening.
We apologise if this was not the case on the day you visited.
A side plate for the extra yorkie and pigs in blankets would have been provided if asked for.
We hope this answers a few of your queries.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided we were a bit burnt out on our usual Sunday dinner pub so I suggested we go to the Gynsills. I called days in advance to book a table as I am disabled. Was told on the phone to just turn up. That there was always a table and no booking needed. Well that was WRONG. It was packed. Fair enough as the carvery was decent but the drinks were way overpriced especially soft drinks. I sat with my little vibrating device in hand for 30 minutes waiting for it to let us know our table was ready. I watched as a short, stout woman with dark hair put knives and forks that had been left on the table on bare bottom seats where oh so many backsides have sat, wipe the table with a filthy cloth and then put the same cutlery back on the table. Even one of the other clean up guys questioned her regarding the cutlery on the seat and she shook her head as to say “Shhhhhhhhhh”. It put me right off my food. Not disabled friendly when you have to walk up and down 2 lots of stairs on a cane to get to and from the carvary and no staff member offered help. So summary, decent carvary, overpriced drinks, horrible hygiene (I didn’t even think about using the ladies room), and somewhat friendly staff but not helpful when they see a disabled person struggling and walk by with a plate of food and a cane and no offer of helping them. Will I go back? Maybe but I’ll be prepared this time with a booked table, with my own cutlery from home and disenfectant wipes for the filthy sticky tables and a tray as they don’t even offer those.

1  Thank MetalMaiden66

Thank you for your review.
We will be speaking to the staff member in question about her practices as this is not the norm for us as a brand and does not meet our usually high standards.
We do have a lift for wheelchairs and pushchairs that is accessible to all.
Trays are available but not given out as standard- we will happily provide one if you need one.
We apologise there wasn’t a member of staff to assist you carrying your plate- we are currently employing more staff to cope with the rise in custom.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My other half and I went with his mum and his friend for a carvery today. We were really excited as we had heard good things about the carvery here and I had previously been to Hobby Horse Farm and really enjoyed theirs. When we first arrived, nobody greeted us at the door to seat us, and when we went to sit, all the tables were reserved so there was nowhere to sit; we sat in any seat and the waitress told us to move as it was reserved but there was nowhere else to sit. Where we sat, there was dirty knives and forks under the table on the floor as well as food. The gentleman that took our food order was trying to tell us that we didn’t want what we ordered and trying to get us to spend more money when we didn’t want to. The experience at the carvery was fine, we got plenty of meat and vegetables, not the best but it was okay. Whilst we were eating, there was 3 powercuts and everything in the restaurant turned off and went dark. Nobody came over to check if we were okay or apologise for the inconvenience. After we had finished our meals, nobody came to collect our plates or ask if our meals were okay, our plates were still on the table as we left the restaurant. There needs to be more staff around to talk/complain to. I wouldn’t recommend here again and I won’t be going back any time soon.

2  Thank Brianna S

Thank you for your review.
We apologise that on this occasion your visit was not up to our usually high standards.
We did have three power cuts that day- they were across the whole of Glenfield and we were unaware these were going to occur.
We apologise no one came to inform you that it was not us at fault for the power failure.
Our staff are taught as a brand to offer upsells at the tills so we apologise if you thought this was forced.
You should have received a check back and had your plates cleared so for this we apologise. We are currently employing more staff to deal with the rise in custom we are experiencing.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We went today for a family meal 4 persons it was our first time since refurbishment two of us had the carvery which was well cooked and plentiful unfortunately the other two in our party decided on chicken/ham/ leek pie which turned out to be stone cold the waitress was very helpful and did offer replacement but was ask to reheat it was reheated and a complimentary drink was given the returned meal was eatable but unfortunately still not right as most was still not even warm and was left before we left another table also had to return their pie meal stating the same problem the pie being stone cold we won't say never again but we would need to really think about it

1  Thank jg51lynn

Thank you for your review.
We apologise that on the day our food was not up to our usually high standards.
We can assure you this is not the norm.
We do hope you give us another chance