“Timo Tapas - wow ”

Ranked #131 of 1,259 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Delicious home made Italian dishes, in a stylish setting, with oweners Marco and Roberto.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just finished a Timo tapas that I picked up earlier.
I am in shock to be honest, the quality is outstanding, the flavours of the dishes were incredible and without doubt it’s the best food I have had in lockdown.
If you are looking for a cheap takeaway, this won’t be for you, it isn’t cheap, but this is outstanding tapas without any compromise.

We had 18 dishes for three of us, which is what I would think is the right amount, but it was great to have several different dishes in front of you to try.

Beef rolls was my favourite. Tender beef in a sauce with I think pine nuts in. It was delicious.

We had two different prawn dishes that came on skewers, I only tried the one but again outstanding.

Chicken curry was different, but again a dish we all enjoyed.

Scallops in Parma ham, everything was just perfect.

The only thing was I wish we had eaten it in the restaurant that looked fantastic when I picked the food up. It’s had a makeover which makes it more moody and is much better than before.

Honestly it was amazing food and something we will return to as it was that good.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (344)

Reviewed 9 November 2020 via mobile

We was served by a gentlemen Marko he was fab! He recommended popular dishes that we’d like, the cocktails was stylish and tasty! We’d be back again when the resturant reopens. Much prefer eating in than taking out.
Highly recommend their sea bass fillet & Spaghetti carbonara & matt Hampton pasta.
Deco is cool and has a good feel.
Thankyou

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank edenstanley
Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

Before lockdown we visited as a couple. Brilliant atmosphere! The place to hang out for a meal & drinks.
Cosy, stylish deco!
The waiters was helpful and the bar tender was brill! Love the cocktails.
The food was cooked with passion absolutely 10/10.
Be back soon when you reopen!
Many thanks,
Ellis

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 5 November 2020

I went for dinner with a friend and I love Italian food but honestly this was the worst Italian restaurant I've tried. I'd have been better off going to any average chain like Zizzi's (which I don't rate that highly either).
The garlic bread was like a brick and the pasta I ordered (a creamy, chicken and spinach dish) was awful. The pasta was SO rubbery, it was so bland (despite me asking for extra garlic and putting a tonne of parmesan on top). I've has better pasta from those £1 packet things.

I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone!

2 of us had 1x starter to share (awful garlic bread), 1x pasta dish each and 1x glass of wine each and our bill was just shy of £50. Like I mentioned before, that would have probably cost us half as much at somewhere like Zizzi's and would've been a more enjoyable meal.

Also wear your coat inside, it was mid October and it felt as though the aircon was on!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 27 October 2020

My first time ever visit. Really impressed with the chef and his fantastic cooking. We thoroughly enjoyed the seafood dishes and vegie options. Good food and friendly staff. I would very happily highly recommend Timo restaurant to anyone looking for good Italian food in Leicester and the surrounding areas.
Restaurant follows Covid safety guidance and we felt safe and comfortable there.

Date of visit: October 2020