“The best Thai food around!”

Thai Esarn Takeaway
Ranked #250 of 1,261 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: Thai
Description: We're a family run take away specialising in the most authentic and delicious Thai food. We use our secret family recipes to give you comforting food and excite you with new flavours from our strong roots from the northern region of Thailand - Esarn.
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

I have ordered from here several times before I became vegan. I was blown away by their unfamiliar authentic dishes and particularly loved their Larb, which I have since learned to make. Today my girlfriend and I ordered a bean curd Massaman curry (spice level 2) and bean curd Pad Kra Pow (spice level 3). Note: you can choose a spice level from 1-5. They call level 5 “native”. I love spicy food, believe me this a new level. Level 3 is about my mark, 4 if I’m feeling like intense heat. Both dishes were absolutely stunning. The eating experience is quite heady such is the explosion of flavours. My girlfriend tried it for the first time and found it delicious and loved how distinct the dishes were. She loves spicy food and found the level 2 about right. This is super authentic and incredible value for money. Amongst the best takeaways you’ll find anywhere in the country.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (82)

Reviewed 17 December 2020

Never had Thai food before and very pleasantly surprised. Food was hot, spicy and tasty. we ordered a 3 on the 1-5 spice scale and it had us sweating. The springs rolls were God tier and portions felt just right and speedy delivery. The driver was polite too. Definitely will order again!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 22 November 2020

We’ve had a couple of takeaways and both times the food has been so tasty, we’ve loved it and been very impressed. There are not many places that wow us but the food here has done. Be mindful of what level of spice you go for, 2 was hot enough for us,anything more than that would be very hot. The service was excellent too and delivery took less time than expected. We would definitely recommend this Thai. We’re looking forward to the next take away.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank Lotus762
Reviewed 19 November 2020

This place is fantastic! Friendly staff, prompt delivery and outstanding food. The menu is wide and the food is authentically Thai, fresh, vivacious and full of flavour. It's not the cheapest, but I feel that it's good value, far better value than many other Thai places. The best Thai food I've had outside of Thailand! Strongly recommended.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 6 June 2020

Had food from here in the past and always good, tonight was awful, expensive small portions and not pleasant.

Very disappointed and will not be using again !!!

Date of visit: June 2020