2,141 results
All reviews electric bar double tree warm cookies car park fifth floor on arrival cocktail bar lucy tower king room limited parking brayford pool modern hotel brayford wharf overlooking the marina the holiday inn water front excellent hotel
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for Saturday night, meeting and visiting family. First of all the hotel is a really nice location but can be a challenge to make your way through the traffic - the local football crowd made sure to gridlock the city. Hotel is crisp and clean with usual doubletree amenities. Like most Hilton’s the beds are in the firm side and the lobby could do with being less sparse and a inviting a warmer welcome.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Jonathan P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Kevin R
Thank you for the kind feedback.
I am sorry about the traffic on a match day, these are of course limited but depending on the opponents traffic can be heavy.
In relation to the lobby, we appreciate this feedback and I can confirm we are currently working with designers to enhance this space.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Booked in for afternoon tea with my best friend as a birthday gift. We were served by Christina and Charlotte and service was super, very friendly and always smiley, even took lots of photographs for us! Lovely cakes and scones and will definitely be recommending to my friends!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Lucy C

Thanks for the kind recommendation.

Best regards

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Booked the double tree as a treat for mine and my partners first weekend away together. I had heard about how nice the Double Tree Hilton's are and thought it would be a lovely stay, however, the bed was uncomfortable and very creaky and the bathroom had not been cleaned properly. Somebody had clearly shaved their beard and all around the sink area there were dark bristles remaining. I spoke to Reception nicely and asked that the bathroom be cleaned again, the Receptionist was lovely and stated this would be done immediately, however, on our return even after the bathroom had been (allegedly) cleaned again, there were still bristles around the sink area. Very disappointing considering the expensive rates of the Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jonathan P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Andrea W
Thank you for the feedback following your recent stay.
I am sorry for the problems encountered on this visit as your experiences are certainly not the norm. I have received an email directly from you today, to which I will respond accordingly. We strive to ensure any shortfalls are addressed before our guests depart the hotel and whilst this has not been met, I am sorry you have felt the need to share this feedback online without allowing me the opportunity to respond to your correspondence.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I spent one night here with a friend. Our twin room was fairly big compared with other hotels we have stayed at. Booking in was easy and the on site car park means that we didn't need to worry about the car until the next day. Breakfast provided a good choice.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear LowBurnham

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we really appreciate you sharing this.

Best regards

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Before we arrived we had to park in a nearby multi-storey carpark as the hotel carpark was full. This cost £15 for 24hrs so this needs to be considered when staying here.

We booked into our hotel and were delighted to find that we had been upgraded to a suite (we are HH Gold members). The check in was quick and efficient and having finished we enquired about the locality of the food festival in Lincoln, the receptionist was not sure, but said she’d google it for us. We went up to our room to leave our cases whilst she did this.

The suite was amazing, it had a lounge area with a sofa and tv; a bedroom with a king sized bed, wardrobes and another tv; bathroom with a separate shower and bath (with hand shower), and a balcony with chairs, overlooking the marina. A great room.

There was a lift by our door (something I avoid as lifts are noisy), but it only stopped on the ground and fifth floors as it was the entrance to the Marco Pierre White restaurant. So as people would not be waiting and talking outside of our room I wasn’t too bothered.

When we returned to reception the receptionist had in fact, googled the whereabouts of the food festival, so off we went!

We returned to the hotel later that evening and it was very busy with a dinner function taking place on our floor. (A dinner for our present government and supporters with some ‘key players’ speaking). There was lots of security (not the hotel’s), and they were not only officious to us as we got out of the lift but downright rude!! We were obviously guests returning to our room and we were almost shouted at for hesitating as we exited the lift (as you do looking at the signs for the way to your room). We did mention this to a member of staff who apologised and said it was nothing to do with the hotel...it wasn’t directly...but the hotel knew for whom the function was booked...and that security would be needed. (This was also the reason the carpark was full - perhaps it would have been better management to have allowed residents the luxury of the car park when bringing in luggage and asked dinner guests to park in the multi-storey?)

That evening we sat watching tv, and the room kept shaking. At first I thought it was something outside, then I realised it was the lift that went up to the restaurant passing by every few minutes as people left the hotel. I presume this is why the rooms either side of the lift are suites and the bedrooms are set back from this noise and vibrations.

As we had our dog with us we ordered room service for breakfast and cheekily asked for a couple of extra sausages for him... the kitchens duly obliged...much to the delight of our pooch! The breakfast was great, with a full English, lots of toast and much needed tea and coffee.

All in all a great stay. The room was fantastic and we both slept really well. Breakfast was delivered on time and the extra sausages were very welcome. If the carpark had been available it would have been 5 stars!

We will return!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Globetrotter08UK

Wonderful balanced feedback, thank you for taking the time to share.

I am sorry for the manner portrayed by the attached security, perhaps we can teach them something about hospitality!