“Excellent ”

Ranked #36 of 526 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Old Bakery Restaurant with Rooms is ideally located in the Uphill area of Lincoln, close to Lincoln Cathedral, Castle and many other points of historic interest in the Cathedral Quarter with it’s popular mix of original shops, cafes and public houses which are to be found on the Bailgate and Steep Hill. The surroundings at The Old Bakery are rustic, relaxed and informal.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The food, the service was spot on. Recommend the fish cakes, to die for. We had the 3 course Sunday lunch, worth every penny. Carn’t wait to visit again.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Good atmosphere in an old bakery. Plenty of parking. Staff friendly and helpful. Very disappointed in the food for a place that is supposedly named for fine food. I had a pork chop which I found tasteless and chewy. The pulled pork was tasty but wrapped in an unedible cabbage leaf. My wife had lamb that was rather tough. The smoked polenta roll was overpowering and uneaten. The dessert was ok but I could not taste the banana with the belgian chocolate. Overpriced, (I could find better in a pub restaurant) and somewhere I would not go again. Everyone to there own opinion but through my experience I would not recommend this place for food. My regret was that I had not complained there and then, but I did not want to mar the celebration evening.

1  Thank Roy G
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We went for a work meal and it was just a bit underwhelming for what I was expecting, but I wasn't paying so I didn't really mind! The chicken I had was lovely and moist but no where near enough potato gratin! And the beetroot sauce was quite runny and didn't taste of a lot. And the poor vegetarians in the group only had one option to choose from, a very cheesy (and quite salty) risotto, with no side of veg or anything to break up the richness. The pudding was nice, a simple chocolate brownie with lovely banana mousse. The staff were absolutely lovely and very friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

1  Thank rebeccaalice28
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic! We booked the offer of a room and taster menu and was not disappointed. The food was amazing, and wine pairings very enjoyable. Service very good, attentive but not over bearing. Although we had had lots to eat could not resist the cooked breakfast and it was one of the best I have ever had. Quality ingredients and just the right amount. Thank you to the team for making our stay very enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

One of our favourite places to dine. A lovely menu and fine food and wine. (The wine menu is huge!)
Couldn't resist finishing off with the Whiskey Cheese Board again :-)

Always great service from the front of house staff and chef.

We'll be back, of course!