“Chilled out visit”

Castle St Townhouse
Ranked #181 of 1,897 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Description: CASTLE ST TOWNHOUSE IS THE CITY'S ALL-DAY DINING AND DRINKING DESTINATION OF CHOICE FROM SUNRISE TO SUNDOWN. Located in the heart of Liverpool's bustling commercial district, the go-to establishment combines the 'Three B's' (breakfast, brunch and bar), blending the lines between social meetings and cocktail nights. Our Philsophy is quite simple: Exceptional food quality, Great drinks and Outstanding service..All Day, Every Day.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We recently visited for a few drinks and had a wonderful time. There is a really good selection of drinks to pick from and a lovely bar area to chill in whilst listening to some really good music. The staff were very friendly and added to a memorable experience.

Off the back of this we are planning to return shortly to try the food. The dining area was packed which is always a good sign.

Jenny C, Manager at Castle St Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback.
We look forward to you joining us in the restaurant.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Opted for soup of the day and the roast was chicken. Delicious food. Excellent service. Very modern and clean surroundings. Busy with a nice atmosphere. There was a guy setting up to play music as we left. Great value groupon deal. I will be going back soon to try normal menu. Big thumbs up from me :)

Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Although breakfast is a bit more expensive then standard cafes, this is a nice upmarket restaurant which does serve an excellent breakfast with quality ingredients (the sausages and black pudding were delicious) and really tasty soda bread. Nice to get a big pot of tea that lasted several cups. The free cucumber water was a nice touch and was lovely. Overall a nice treat.

Thank you for you feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

First off, I’m not one to complain, but the service in this restaurant was probably one of the worst I’ve witnessed. The bar staff were friendly, but I felt like because we had a voucher, we did not get the same treatment as someone paying full price would, but we did pay for desserts and drinks. Our glasses were not collected for an hour or so even though I moved them to the empty section of the table, “they are not very attentive at all” was a comment my auntie made. I wouldn’t have wrote this review for that, fair enough it was a Sunday lunch. I was, however, disgusted by a waiter who tried to charge us full price for the meal after giving the voucher QR code in. He was very adamant we owed the full £48 which we clearly didn’t - it kind of put a downer on our day and, very unlike us, we did not leave a tip. I won’t be returning in a heartbeat, not even for the lovely dessert we got.

Jenny C, Manager at Castle St Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

I am awfully sorry to hear that you had a poor experience in our restaurant. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feed back. I would be very grateful if you could email me directly on jenny@castlesttownhouse.co.uk as I would like to discus the details of your visit with you.

Kind regards,
Jenny Collins
Assistant General Manager
Castle St. Townhouse

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Went to this restaurant for Mother’s Day. It was really nice, on entering the decor is really tasteful and inviting. Greeted by happy and helpful staff. £25 for a three course dinner with plenty of choice and a glass of prosecco for Mum. I had beef croquette to start, lamb rump for main and chocolate brownie and peanut butter ice cream with honeycomb for desert. All was well presented, freshly cooked and delicious. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were very attentive and pleasant. All in all an excellent experience and good value for money. We will definitely return.

Thank you for your feedback.
I have passed your comments on to the rest of the team and we hope to see you again soon.