“Gone Downhill near the bottom”

The Richmond Tavern
Ranked #1,463 of 1,903 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Have been here a lot but recently gone downhill rapidly ! Had Sunday lunch today had to send it back as it was stone cold! Quality of meat was really poor ! Certainly not what it used to be ! Also every table in the place had a reserved sign but know one was on one table .. it was really bizarre and even when we were leaving they were still empty !
Tried to get served at first went in two staff chatting , leaning on the bar one counting the till, after 5 mins of watching him count coins he shouted ,can one of you two serve I’m sorting the tips ! I really can’t believe with the service and he quality that it took so long to count the tips... real shame as I used to love this place.

General Manager A, Manager at The Richmond Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi kevin
Many thanks for the review, its a shame that your meal was cold this isnt our usual standard, and we sincerely apologise.
We had bookings coming in that afternoon and as they were large bookings we had to have the tables reserved early as it is near on impossible to free up tables when it gets busy, how ever the tables did have times on them and we were happy to let guests sit at them until that time.
The tips were the weekly tips which my team were eager to have hence why serve as there was a fair bit of coins i didnt want to leave it unattended whilst i served. They came to serve you which im possitive wasnt 5 minutes, if it was or seemed that way i sincerely apologise.
Best regards

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The staff here are awful. They are constantly understaffed and the queues are always big at the bar. As a result the person who shouts loudest gets served. I ended up walking out after 15 mins at the bar waiting.

General Manager A, Manager at The Richmond Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear guest
Im so sorry for your experience, we try to serve our guests in order and as quicly as we can, sometimes we are inexpectidly busier than normal.
I hope this does not deter you visiting us again in the future.
Best regards

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I visited the Richmond Tavern with my friends for an early tea yesterday afternoon. It was very busy and seemed slightly under-staffed. We had a lovely meal, and the service we received considering it was very busy, was unquestionable. My compliments go to a very courteous waiter called Sam, who made our experience all the more enjoyable. Customer service we experienced was great, with staff seeming to want to go beyond their duties to make you feel comfortable.

Great place!!

General Manager A, Manager at The Richmond Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hi
Many thanks for the lovely review and great rating score. I will certainly pass this on to sam im sure he will be delighted. We look forward to your next visit.
Many thanks

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Went in today for breakfast and was refused to sit at a table. Why have a sign that says “DINING” area to be told it’s a drinks only table. Found a table which was dirty and asked if the staff would clean it but again refused as they only had two members of staff on. If you know it’s going to be busy why only have two members of staff on??? Walked out in the end due to the rudeness of the staff... a customer service course would be adviseable. I wouldn’t go again!!!!

1  Thank Angeline H
Adam P, General Manager at The Richmond Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Angeline
All feedback is extremely important to us and we will take this on board.
It was Mother’s Day and many of our tables were reserved for lunch time service to which is when we need all our key members of staff. Breakfast service is extremely unpredictable for us and if we knew were going to be as busy as we were I would have certainly put and extra member of staff on.
Our drinking area is clearly signed I’m sorry you didn’t see the signage which has now been there for some time.
At no point did we “refuse” to clean the table you requested, we simply informed you that we will get to it as soon as we could as 1 was serving and making hot drinks and the other team member was taking meals out. We would never refuse to clean a table, all we tried to communicate was that it will be cleaned as soon as we were able and I’m sorry if this came across in a different way
I certainly hope we can repair this mid communication and welcome you back to The Richmond Tavern
Regards

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Just popped in for a cappuccino and, as you’ll see in the photo, it came with Smarties on the saucer!
Issues like Brexit and N Korea pale into insignificance when you get treated like this.
These people know what they are doing.
Just a minute up the road from Penny Lane too. Very strange.

Adam P, General Manager at The Richmond Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hi John
Many thanks for your great feedback we hope to see you again, were open 8 days a week