Malmaison Liverpool
US$197
US$143
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
The Liner Hotel(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$91
Agoda.com
US$144
US$132
  • Room Service
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$153
US$145
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$83
Cancelon
2,935 results
All reviewsriver viewhuge bathwalk in showerprinces dockwet roommini barcar park next doorlovely hotelliver buildingstandard roomcooked breakfastcity centremulti storeyreception staffcouldn't faultcomfy bedfollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

we booked the Liverpool malmaison for 1 night on Thursday the 29th for my 43rd birthday I booked a superior double room for me and my wife room no was 316 which we was told when booking in was newly redecorated and you could tell it was fantastic spotless and so clean the bed was the most comfortable I’ve ever slept on wish I could have took it home bath/shower brilliant with hot water unlike some hotels which are luke warm the whole hotel is so calm and quiet we had some drinks on the night which are expensive but it’s a hotel and a one off but superb quality onto breakfast the next morning more great staff the full English breakfast was lovely and you can help yourself to the continental and all the tea/coffee toast you can manage so all in from the second we got there until we left the whole experience was fantastic thanks to all the staff to making my birthday special hopefully see you all soon

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JFT96KOPITE
MalmaisonLiverpool, Front Office Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear JFT96KOPITE,

Thank you for your outstanding review!

I am pleased to see you loved spending the evening with us here at Malmaison Liverpool. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave such a kind review and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

+++ This hotel definitely gives that extra quality finish from the general appearance of the features in the reception to the amazingly generously sized bathroom. Little things in terms of the of finish included extra toiletries you rarely see such as ear buds and make up remover pads, as well as the usually complimentary shower gel and shampoo and conditioner. I bathed like a queen to the point where I just lay in the bay for 20 minutes (not particularly cleaning myself) but rather enjoying the space of a huge bath. I found the Wi-Fi was good which meant I could stream Netflix whilst in my bath - which is probably the reason I just vegetated in it for so long. Bed was comfy, décor was beautiful and TV was not just your basic FreeView package as it provided the few extra luxury channels as well.
Other great bonus' - check out at 12pm! The staff ask you if you had anything from the mini bar, rather than it being on a sensor which can be good to avoid confusion and dispute. I am a very honest person however and I owned up to what I had from the mini bar but the temptation to say "No, nothing at all" was there.

---
I had some minor hiccups but I feel it is important to mention for prospective travellers. The location is not a bad one if you are driving but if you are traveling via public transport you need to be aware that there will be a little bit of walking to and from the city centre (15 mins).
Ordering room service took a little while as the phone rang for sometime and when they did eventually pick up there was a lot of waiting around and I was even cut off. The staff did call me back and apologise though and I was able to complete my order. Like most hotels with room service, the portion size for the price you pay is ridiculous. For example, I paid £5 for chunky chips, and I am not being dramatic when I say they delivered 6 chucky chips in a small saucer bowl. Even the breakfast the next morning is priced more than your typical breakfast as it is priced at £15.95 and again, the amount you are actually given is really poor. Of course, it is not always about quantity as the food was tasty and the staff were very polite and catering, however the time it also took for this tiny breakfast to be served was quite disappointing.
Warning! This room is stocked with a mini bar and plenty of tempting treats around the room (e.g. £30 bottle of Champaign begging to be opened) so if you are on a budget - resist at all cost. Furthermore, whatever your bill comes to at check out, it says in the menu that they add a 'discretionary 10%' on top so be aware that there are no surprises at the end.
One minor glitch but was fixed by staff promptly was that I found myself in the bar, with my 7 year old daughter just wanting to order 2 soft drinks to take back to my room but I was unable to get served. The bar was surprisingly busy and I felt uncomfortable staying there for longer than I had to as there were people enjoying themselves (rightly) cocktails and various "grown up" drinks and I just did not want my child in the midst of this.

Room Tip: Floor 4 (Room 410). No special view but who cares - the room is comfy and cosy.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonya L

Dear Sonya L,

Thank you for staying with us at Malmaison Liverpool.

I am pleased to see you had a relaxing stay with us and made full of our fantastic bathrooms. We welcome all of your feedback and I will be sure to pass on each of your comments to the relevant teams. I hope it wont be too long before you are back once more to do it all over again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights after a bad experience at the Shankly Hotel. Staff were so helpful to help us book in at the last minute. The hotel is what you’d expect from the Malmaison - clean, comfortable and relaxing. The decor is modern both in the main part of the hotel and rooms - we loved this although it may not appeal so much to those more traditional with their decoration!!

Our room overlooked Princess Docks and was a fantastic view to wake up to. The extra cost of the ‘river’ view was minimal and worth it.

The room was tidy and very well fitted out - usual array of iron, hairdryer, safe, kettle plus great selection of drinks in mini fridge and nibbles. 8 USB ports for charging devices - never seen this many yet so good to see. Bed so comfy.

Bathroom was again exceptionally fitted out - deep bath, separate shower and a wonderful range of smellies provided each day.

Restaurant was only used by us for breakfast but this was a pleasant experience with a range of food and hot and cold buffet available.

Location - on the docks so great for the Mersey, museums, galleries and restaurants. Only a 5 minute walk to the city centre and Liverpool One. Location could not be better.

Car parking - secure multi storey next door. £17 per 24 hours which is standard for Liverpool and most city centres. It’s rare you get anything cheaper or subsidized by the hotels these days.

Overall our stay was excellent. Couldn’t fault the hotel at all. Would be out 1st choice for a stay in Liverpool when we visit again.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank AndyJTotty

Dear AndyJTotty,

Thank you for your outstanding review!

I am pleased to see you had a wonderful time in one of our newly refurbished Riverview rooms. We truly appreciate you taking the time out to leave feedback and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked as a Christmas present for a Weekend away. I asked for an upper floor room, was put on the first floor by the lifts and on the main road. Very disappointed, £155 for one night, room was really tatty, tyles all coming up in the shower, scruffy paint job, taps loose from their fittings and marks on the door, really really dark lighting and looked in desperate need of a refurbishment. I've stayed in nicer presented low budget hotels. The lighting is ridiculous, especially when you're trying to get ready for a night out. Heard so many good things about the Malmaison but wouldn't stay in one again. It was Over priced and under delivered!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RenkM

Dear RenkM,

Thank you for choosing Malmaison Liverpool.

Please allow me to apologise that you left the hotel feeling underwhelmed by your stay. We would never want any of our guests to depart without experiencing Malmaison to the fullest. I do apologise that it seems we couldn't accommodate your requests on this occasion. However, we do always try our best to honour our guests requests.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please do contact me at receptiontrainer.liverpool@malmaison.com and I would be more than happy to help.

Phil O'Flaherty

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here after racing at Aintree,so we could have a night out in Liverpool.
As we held a disabled badge we managed to park for free in one of the hotels spaces around the back.However if you do have to park up,it is literally right next door to a car park,so is extremely easy for access to the hotel.
We had a room overlooking The Mersey,however there was a thick fog when we stayed so unfortunately we couldn't take advantage of the view.
We didn't eat in the hotel,as there are many culinary options so close by.
We would definitely return as its so convenient.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank freddiedoncaster
MalmaisonLiverpool, Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi freddiedoncaster,

Thanks so much for your lovely review of your stay with us. So happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us, hope you'll be able to come back and experience us again, hopefully without fog for a better view!

See you again soon.