“Amazing waitress!!”

Absurd Bird Spitalfields
Ranked #670 of 25,296 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Neighbourhood: Whitechapel
Description: Bringing the soul-warming comfort food of the American South to London, we promise honest grub, good value, and a twisted take on southern classics. The food itself is like the ambiance that accompanies it, eclectic, unexpected, improvisational, modern yet nostalgic, sophisticated yet humble, comfortable yet innovative. What's more, our chicken is the highest grade of free-range from our friends down at Fosse Meadows farm. Marinated in our secret recipe sauces, teamed with irresistible sides and topped off with insanely good desserts, all baked in house. There's our own distilled Absurd Moonshine and Absurd Lager, brewed by the guys over at Signature Brewery. Or work your way through the incredible cocktail list, put together by the mixology masterminds at Soulshakers.
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great food and amazing service from Raluca. Perfect place to chill. A great selection of wings available too.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with a friend at lunch time. The location was fairly quiet with only 5-6 tables in use. The service was fast and friendly throughout service.
I was here on a recommendation having never heard of this place before and we weren’t dissatisfied!
Starting with buffalo and buttermilk wings. 6 large full wing per serving. Great flavours and fresh hot!
The mains followed quickly which wasn’t ideal but we assumed it was for lunch visit customers working nearby to ensure they eat in their lunch break times.
Waffles and boneless fried chicken, dressed in maple syrup with the chicken gravy on the side.
Our dishes were sent back clean and I will be returning again soon.
I’d also add there was a decent selection of alcoholic and soft drinks, and the bill wasn’t as much as I was expecting. Around £30 per head with alcohol. They do a few deals but the waffles we were recommended weren’t featured!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The fried chicken burger I had was ELITE, succulent and tender. The way the burger even separates in your mouth during consumption, the bun, the chicken, the seasoning you can tell that thought, time and effort was put into its preparation. This is actually the best burger I’ve tasted. It’s more than just a burger, it’s a mood, a vibe, a masterpiece. All the the lovely things that are in the burger the sauces, the onion and whatever else just compliment each other so well. It took me to a heavenly place, I didn’t want to be disturbed as I ate, I wanted to enjoy every bite.

I was memorised by the flavour and kept on saying to my friends ‘Is this what it feels like to enjoy food? WOW’. You wouldn’t expect the burger to taste as magnificent as it did when it’s brought to you, I would have never expected it to bring such joy. This burger, THIS BURGER is truly an experience, you’re not just eating, your’e enjoying, your’e appreciating, your’e reflecting, your’e celebrating, you’re taking it in in all its glory. The true definition of soul food. Money was deffs well spent. Food came in good time and was it fulfilling.

I will say that it’s a messy burger to eat because it’s filled with such good flavour, not too much flavour, the perfect amount. However, to fully enjoy this burger remove the tomoato, please unless you like tomato that is. This is the first burger I’ve had where I haven’t had to remove half of the content. The chips were nice but nothing to talk about. Same for the cocktails, the 2 4 1 is deffs a score for my alcohol lovers. Money was 110% well spent. I also think the food is reasonably priced. I can’t wait to go back to fall in love with the rest of the menu.

This isn’t a restaurant I would recommend to celebrate a birthday it’s more of a ‘grab a bite to eat’ kind of restaurant to catch up with friends, vibes with a partner or even a chilled out first date!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Really disappointed unfortunately. Wings were indeed a very good size. But the crispy buttermilk wings tasted of absolutely nothing except the oil they were fried in. The buffalo wings were slightly better, but not by much.

Service was painfully slow. Albeit I went on ‘National Wings Day’ for the offer so it was probably busier than usual. But busier than expected? That said the waitress serving was excellent and did her best to make amends.

There’s potential here, but the kitchen isn’t doing what they could/should with the ingredients provided. If I’d have paid full price I’d be thoroughly annoyed. As it is, I wish I’d have invested my National Wing Day time elsewhere.

1  Thank LondonMike1983
Reviewed 23 March 2018

had this on my list for national chicken wing day. took some out during lunch. the sauce was not really applied to the extend that it had gotten into the wings. the wings were massive (think they advertise giant wings) but the meat wasnt that great. didnt finish the whole thing and went to the orange buffalo and thunderbird dinerma instead. not sure what all the fuss is about with this one. staff was very friendly though!

1  Thank Kilian R