“The KEY to a great meal on Kensington High Street”

Balans Soho Society - Kensington
Ranked #1,191 of 24,831 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Tube - Kensington High Street Buses - 49, 27, 9, 10, 328, 28, C1
Description: Well-to-do west London respectability meets Soho’s louche debauchery in the heart of High Street Kensington. At Balans Soho Society there is nothing we take more seriously – the correct temperature of every drink and the warmth of every welcome, aside – than the quality of our food. Using only the freshest, locally sourced, seasonal ingredients from such suppliers of excellence as The Ginger Pig and H. Forman & Son, everything is prepared in-house. Cocktails are all freshly made by skilled mixologists. The wine list is skillfully chosen to carefully complement the eclectic, globally influenced menu. Bohemian, gregarious, sophisticated and perhaps just a touch eccentric - a place to abandon your plans - Balans is the quintessential Soho experience.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

From the minute you enter this quirky restaurant on Kensington High Street (1 of 5 locations) you're intrigued by the symbolism of the keys...they hang on the live tree growing in the center of the dining room, they are etched into your flatware. There is even a large one hanging outside the main door. But if the keys arouse your curiosity, the gourmet food arouses your tastebuds. Everything on the menu looks tempting and on my most recent visit my 3 friends and I each ordered a different dish and returned our plates as clean as new. My personal favorite is the roasted venison, served rare with a dash of sea salt. The wine list offers something for everyone and the desert menu will not dissapoint. Our server David was as attentive and personable as you could hope for as was the entire staff. I can't wait until my next visit!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

From an exceptional cocktail barman pre starters to main and an unbelievably tasty apple crumble, this was a restaurant I’m going to wish to return to, even though I live far away!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We popped in for an early dinner before going to a concert at the Apollo. The waitress was very attentive and the food arrived promptly. We ordered club sandwiches, beautifully presented on toasted sourdough and stuffed with chicken and freshly cooked bacon which came with a side of fries, good value at £12 and a Balans burger which was also excellent, well cooked and also included bacon and cheese with fries, £14.
A good experience and we will definitely return if we are in the area again.

2  Thank Cindy W
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

So so happy this place is still up and running after so many years.

We used To hit this restaurant quite hard a few years ago for naughty brunches as the staff were raucous and fun.

Coming here the other Day with my Mother and im pleased to say nothing has changed!

The food came out fast, tasty, the waiter was friendly ( maybe a little flirty with my mum! ) little expensive after so many cocktails but we loved it so worth pretty much every penny.

1  Thank Stevie T
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed breakfast at this cozy restaurant, great atmosphere and really friendly staff. Breakfast should be easy and simple but that’s not always what one finds, however the food at Balans was great so much so we skipped our hotel breakfast and ate there on consecutive days. A real treat!

1  Thank Graham M

Been to Balans Soho Society - Kensington? Share your experiences!