“Cracking Sunday Roast ”

Ranked #4,864 of 24,683 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wonderful sustainable English fish, our famous steaks and old school pie and mash form the heart of our menu. Our chicken and pork is all free-range and we work with some of the best small producers the British Isles has to offer. June 2014 saw the launch of six beautiful bedrooms on our top two floors. Each with their own unique character and charm, they feature either a super king or king-size bed, Egyptian cotton linen, an HD Freeview television, free wireless internet, Nespresso machine, black-out curtains or blinds, mini-fridge and safe as standard. Our private Master Room, with its own bar, is perfect for private parties and events, and hosts one of London's best stand-up comedy gigs every other Thursday.
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

One of the best roasts I’ve had in a long time. Good selection of drinks. Good service. Quality of the roast beef was really good and the Yorkshire pudding was top notch. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

The Food was Very Good, I had the Wild Boars Pie & loved it. The missus & daughter had the Sea Bass & Tofu respectively and had no complaints. There was lucky to be 6 other customers on our Monday night visit. The staff were honestly stand offish ! Didn't want to be there ? No charm, no smile, nothing ? So , why a Poor Rating ??? Well the buggers add their own tip in , hidden as "Opt Servic" on the bill and as my underpaid daughter was shouting I didn't notice till later but luckily I covered the bill anyway, dad's are like that ! But I hate that practice and suggest you avoid this Restaurant till they change their policy and EARN their tip !!

Holly B, Guest Relations Manager at The Tommyfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you for your review of The Tommyfield. I am very sorry to hear that you received such poor service on your visit. I have sent your comments onto the manager who will ensure swift improvements are made. The service is of course optional and staff are very much aware they need to provide good service to receive this, I am not sure why this did not happen on your visit but I will look into it.
If you wish to discuss further, feel free to drop me an email to holly@threecheers.co.uk.
Best wishes,
Holly

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The Tommyfield is a wonderful gastro pub. I had theT bone steak - to die for. The food in general was terrific and all at a reasonable price including the cost of the more than acceptable wine. Would certainly recommend.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff and reasonable prices but the food was a bit over cooked (generally). Would try again though.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Hired The Master Room upstairs at The Tommyfield. Good venue for bday party - low cost and flexible space, with friendly staff, nice food and good selection of drinks. Manager even gave us some complimentary wine.

Only reason I'm not giving 5* is a speaker above the bar had a loose connection and kept cutting out... making all the other speakers cut out too. The guy behind the bar knew about the issue as it was recurring. The only way to solve it was hold the speaker in place while stood on a chair, so instead we ended up keeping the music lower than we'd like (and all via one speaker so the dodgy one wasn't rocked). If they fix the speaker, I'd definitely hire the space again and recommend to others as well. Or if you don't want a louder music level you can dance to it should be perfect.