“Great Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I love the food of Taj Mahal, although I have only been twice to the restaurant, I order take away very often. The portions are very generous and the food is delicious!

The restaurant is very exotic, but the staff is not the best!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Lovely traditional curry house. Food always tastes fresh, and the meat tastes decent quality. Veggie options are also plentiful and delicious.

Nice, distinctive old decor that reminds of my formative curry house experiences as a kid! The staff are lovely too.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

We went on Sunday when they have this buffet menu where you can eat as much as you want.

The food wasn't bad but there wasn't much to choose form and you had to eat always the same if you wanted to repeat.
Also the seats are a bit small so you are sitting a bit uncomfortable to eat properly.

We didn't try food from the menu and the staff seemed average, good enough but nothing to remark.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

I live in Streatham and it is a great place however we are very poorly served by good pubs & eateries. I am a fair reviewer and never want to damage a business. The Taj Mahal has been operating for so many years. We stopped going because the standard of food was so average. A friend told us that there is a new chef so we tried it again on Saturday night. It's true, the food is much better and the restaurant would be getting 4 stars if it was not for the below average service from rather tired, bored waiters. They haven't come into the 21st century, they are still back in the 80s when you expected waiters in Indian restaurants to have poor social skills. I hope the owner reads this as I so want this restaurant to do well but they need to change their approach to their customers. I am not staying don't go as the food is very enjoyable and if you don't mind this type of service you will be fine.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Very nice food but the evening was spoilt by the man behind the counter. He had a customer on one phone and the delivery driver on the other. The calls turned into a full scale argument and he then started shouting. He gave no consideration to us as customers, and should've removed himself from the restaurant when the conversation escalated. Very unprofessional.