This family hotel is in a great location, near to Marble Arch and Oxford Street for all the shopping that you want. Also near to Baker Street Station, Regents Park and Hyde Park - all within walking distance.
A few negatives :-
1. The entrance to the hotel is not on Gloucester Place but on a side street (Blandford). We arrived near to midnight in pouring rain and stood at 44 Gloucester Place and had to "bang" on the door for close to 15 minutes. Getting wet at midnight is no fun - better signs and instructions required.
2. The bathroom and kitchen have been updated but the stained carpets needs to be changed. In one of the rooms (208), the carpet was not even vacuumed and we had to get cleaners to do the job.
3. The chairs in the room 208 were stained and did not present a good outlook.
4. The sofa in 208 was not presentable and looked like they were purchased from a second hand store. Better not to have a sofa rather than a old dowdy looking one.
5. The windows were not clean and contained dirt and dust, especially on the outside.
6. Rooms are non smoking but we can smell the tobacco smoke.
Apart from the above, the gentlemen (Hani, Gaby, Ali) that we met who were managing the place were very friendly and helpful. They did all that we asked.