“Gorgeous Cakes and Pastries”
Review of Ole & Steen

Ole & Steen
Ranked #31 of 1,334 Quick Bites in London
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Description: The Danish Bakery breakfast to supper. Coffee, handmade breads, pastries, cakes, salads, sandwiches, stews, beers and wines. Eat in or take away.
Reviewed 13 July 2018

It's a pleasant place if you're looking for delicious cakes, breads and pastries away from the hustle and bustle surrounding Piccadilly Circus. There's a nice selection to suit all taste buds. Personally, I think their coffee is over-priced as I didn't find anything particularly special about it but I was happy with my experience overall and the service by its friendly and helpful staff staff contributed to it. I'd definitely recommend their Cinnamon Social Slice - it's truly amazing!

Date of visit: June 2018
TeamOleandSteen, Team O&S at Ole & Steen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad you loved the social slice...it's definitely one of our most popular item! Hope to see you back again soon :)

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

First time we have been here and it was good.
We ordered raspberry tart and flat white coffee’s. The raspberry tart was so good, the raspberries were bursting with flavour. The flat white coffee’s were tasty but would have preferred them hotter.
When you come into the restaurant you have to pick up a ticket to place your order, needs to be highlighted/explained better.
Service was excellent and staff friendly.
The restaurant has seating outside, inside, upstairs and downstairs. The bakery is located downstairs.
Toilets were nice and clean when we visited.

Hi SAB5859,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad to hear that your first visit to Ole & Steen was enjoyable. We'll definitely take your feedback on board regarding the ordering system. Hope to see you again soon! :)

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Served by Emma who helpfully pointed out various options for our dietary requirements and ones to avoid as well! Great service in a great place.

Date of visit: July 2018
TeamOleandSteen, Team O&S at Ole & Steen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Hi a2zee2,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Emma will be so excited to learn she's been mentioned on Trip Advisor! We're so glad you enjoyed your experience at Ole & Steen and we hope you'll stop back in again soon :)

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Very good coffee, sandwich and bread. Good service. The size of cappuccino is giant.It is good to try.

Hi Ladida,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad you enjoyed our cappuccino...there's no such thing as too much coffee ;)

Happy to hear you also loved the sandwiches and bread. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2018

I always get pulled into Ole & Steen when I walk past and see the window display, and this time was no exception. I have a bad habit of going for my favourites rather than trying something new, even though everything on offer looks delicious. This was no exception this time; I love their carrot buns and came away with another, but I also decided to try a kloben bun for a bit of variety. Both were excellent; fluffy bread, well-flavoured and delicious! The kloben bun was a nice change, and had a sweetness that paired with the fragrant cardamom flavour. The carrot, as always, was excellent and I always love the flavour and texture of the bread. I'd highly recommend both! The service, as always, was excellent and their ticketing system makes service very efficient during busy times.

Date of visit: May 2018

Hi GuruLark,

Who could possibly resist all our mouthwatering pastries sitting in the window? Definitely not us!

We're happy to hear you stuck by your old favourite but also tried something new! You made great choices. Our kløben bun is soft, sweet, and just a tad bit spicy...it's perfect with a cup of coffee!

Hope you stop back in again soon :)