“Nice food, slightly overpriced”
Review of Papillon

Papillon
Reserve with OpenTable
Papillon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,641 of 24,835 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Located in the heart of London on Regent Street in an environment that is elegant yet relaxed, Papillon is open all day for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner and serves a menu that features both British and French influences and the finest seasonal ingredients. In addition to these classic café dishes, our chefs have also created a selection of savoury and sweet crepes, including an indulgent lobster, baby spinach and truffle Béchamel crepe or the much-loved ‘Suzette’. Executive Pastry Chef Sarah Barber also continues to showcase the finest in patisserie. New to her repertoire are a collection of seasonal British desserts presented in jars, ideal for takeaway or chic dinner party gifts. Accompanying these dishes is a wine and champagne list, including all the grand marques one would expect as well as fine examples of the new homegrown vineyards.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I did enjoy the restaurant very much, the service was great, enjoyed the atmosphere and they definitely serve the best raspberry tart I've ever had. The four stars are due to high prices.

Guillaume M, General Manager at Papillon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Tamara,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely review. I will definitely be sharing your feedback with our pastry team, which I am sure they will be delighted to hear.

We hope to see you again for another cake soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I love going to Papillon for lunch and a drink. The food is always really fresh and made with passion. I received outstanding service from Millie and Phobe whilst there. Nothing was too much trouble as they were very friendly, they went over and above to make out trip special. This is why it is alway in my must visit places to eat whenever I am in London.

Dear Jack,

We're very happy to read that the Papillon staff have made your experience continually enjoyable. Thank you for your kind comments, I will be sure to share them with Millie and Phoebe.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I would like to recommend this restaurant. It was excellent. I visited it 4 days ago with my friends. The atmosphere, the food, the sweets, were all very good!
Sophia who served us, was very kind and polite.

Guillaume M, General Manager at Papillon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for taking time to write a review following your recent visit to Papillon.
The team will be very happy to hear your positive comments. We hope to welcome you back to the Papillon at Hotel Cafe Royal soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I had breakfast at the Papillion at Cafe Royal in London. The service was what one would expect but the value for money wasn’t. Firstly, £27 for scrambled eggs with smoked salmon was expensive then to add insult to injury a further 12.5% was added to the bill. Also £6 for coffee is extortionate. A very mediocre experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I can definitely say I will go again in Papillon, it's a great place where you can spend quality times with your friend/family and why not also with colleagues. If you are looking for proper variety of teas, then this is the place where you should go.

Moreover my time was also great thanks to Marta's support for suggesting and describing the different varieties of infusion/tea and cakes.

I am pretty sure that my experience wouldn't be as good without Marta's advices and her service.

Guillaume M, Manager at Papillon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Marco,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for giving us this feedback following your experience at the Papillon. We're extremely glad to hear that Marta made your visit enjoyable. I will share your wonderful comments with Marta and the Papillon team.

We hope to welcome you to Hotel Cafe Royal again soon.