“I still think of this delicious meal! ”

Boxcar Butcher & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Boxcar Butcher & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,597 of 24,833 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$64
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: We're a local independent butcher & grill in the Portman village, Marylebone. We source a premium selection of ethically reared produce from British farms. We're helping to revive traditional butchery techniques & giving our customers access to the best produce available. Our butcher drives our daily food offering features steak & chips, burgers & pies - all straight from farm to fork.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I split the giant t-bone which was amazing and perfectly cooked. We also got a beet salad side which was very interesting, yet delicious with purple onions in it. My husband got their signature bacon old fashioned which was a fun twist. Our best meal in London was here on our last trip.

3  Thank C597044

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This little restaurant was five mins walk exactly from our hotel which was extremely convenient for us both .
We were seated quickly, the waiters were extremely attentive showing and explaining to us the different cuts of meat they had on offer .
My husband ordered the scotch egg for starters which was an soft boiled egg wrapped in ham hock and breadcrumbs served with a homemade picalli which was lovely, sweet/sour and crunchy .
We ordered the 750g T bone steak which when it arrived smelt amazing and tasted even better . Only criticism would be the shoe string fries as I personally would have preferred thicker cut chips.
The steak was cooked perfectly with the right amount of charring on the outside , the inside was cooked medium rare which made the meat juicy, succulent and delicious .
For desert, we ordered to
Share as both just wanted a taste of what was on offer , we picked a chocolate and hazelnut desert which was a thin slice of very dark chocolate ganache on top of a crunchy orange flavoured biscuit! This too was gorgeous.
It was a lovely evening in a great and close location to our hotel, we felt very welcome and looked after by all of the team who served us throughout the night. Will definitely be visiting here again and would recommend anyone else too give it a try .

1  Thank shellywhitby
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Went for quick lunch to Boxcar. Stunning service. steak was perfectly cooked and the best treacle tart I ever had. Best burgers and steaks in town!

1  Thank Eizens L
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Felt unwelcome on arrival in the restaurant. Despite an empty restaurant we were seated on a small table next to the stairs.

Steaks were good, but sides were cold along with the sauces.

The Marylebone food festival menu also wasn't offered without asking.

Given the choice in London I would be unlikely the return. The food should have been excellent, but was let down by aloof service.

2  Thank Rob S
Ricky W, Manager at Boxcar Butcher & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Rob S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. Feedback, good or bad, is always welcomed in our efforts to build a better guest experience. I’m disappointed to hear that on this occasion your experience was not an enjoyable one.

As a team, we have a strong focus on both food and service quality, however, it appears we failed to deliver on this occasion.

We would be grateful to get more information regarding your recent visit in order to improve our overall experience in the future. Please expect a private message from me.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback and we are sorry it was not of our usual quality.

We do hope to see you again in the future!

Best regards,

Ricky

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I love the ambiance of this restaurant. Food is great service is fantastic. Server is friendly and knowledgeable. Definitely i will comeback

1  Thank megan_cross123456