“Indian-Continental fusion, great presentation”
Review of Indian Accent

Indian Accent
Reserve with OpenTable
Indian Accent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,663 of 24,437 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$33 - US$107
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This restaurant deserves to rise in the ranks of Indian restaurants in London. However, it is not traditional Indian food; rather, Indian Accent serves a modern iteration informed by Western ingredients and tastes, all done in beautiful presentation style. By this I do not mean that this is Indian food "dumbed down" for Westerners. Instead, it is a fusion that touches Indian cuisine with high quality western ingredients and combinations while retaining India's distinctive flavors. For that reason, it actually is a good introduction to Indian cuisine -- presenting the "accent" but in a language in which non-Indians with discerning palates may hear familiar words. A morel mushroom appetizer was absolutely divine. Everything was. Service was good, too. It is a little annoying to have to adhere to one of two seatings -- 6:30 and 9:00 -- for groups of five or more, five or six people not being an abnormally large group, but that's required, together with a credit card for a penalty of GBP30 per person for no-shows. But this is a clear direction for high end restaurants. It's a lovely place. Can't wait to return.

1  Thank Opinion8ted

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, great ambiance, outstanding presentation, authentic flavours, brilliant service. By far the best Indian food in central London. Highly recommend everyone give it a try.

1  Thank Vaidoo
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

4 stars...

Flavours. 5 stars
Presentation 5 stars
Service 4 stars
Overall experience 4 stars

A few minor things that can be fixed.
1. Even though it was a set menu we didn't get to see what was on it till it came out.
2. Drinks service was slow. Took 45 mins....
3. Overall length of service was 3 hours which at 9pm means desserts at midnight.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about the food because the flavours add presentation was exceptional...
There were 10 of us so service is generally longer but I'm my opinion these few niggles let it down.

It's my second visit so it is good enough to recommend. Here are some pics x

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I've been to Indian Accent in NYC and was skeptical that the London outpost would be of the same quality. Wrong! It's just as good! Kenny was our server. He was just the right amount of attentive. I have this pet annoyance that at Indian restos, they interrupt your meal every few minutes to ask how you're enjoying your meal. Indian accent staff are calibrated more towards a high end dining establishment and are discreet yet attentive. I was pescatarian on this visit and found absolutely delicious options. I remember that the bread/naan to be outstanding both in New York and also in London. Great job, I even bought the recipe book!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Best Indian restaurant I've been to and one of the best restaurants I've been to. The food is extremely rich but flawless. Great cocktails too.