“Enjoyed it but have seen better”
Review of Dreamgirls

Dreamgirls
Ranked #184 of 383 Concerts & Shows in London
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I really enjoyed the show there were many fabulous voices & incredibly powerful performances, as much as I love musicals I felt it would have benefited from some narrative.
I felt there were so many loud powerful vocals it was overpowering

It costs so much money to see these performances its so important to be very enjoyable

1  Thank Margaret M
"production"
"stage"
"parts"

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This long established show rightly lives up to its reputation!
We were a little disappointed that on the day we saw it, the main stars were not in it; however, how wrong we were!!!!
The show is excellent, the cast generally fabulous, but the lady who played Effy was unbelievable!!!
Her show stopping rendition of "You're gonna love me" was incredible. I have never heard a reaction, or should I say ovation, to any musical song like that in 35 years of enjoying London theatre
Absolutely superb!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the musical overall. Individually the cast had some amazing voices but a lot of the time the words were impossible to make out (not a problem in other musicals in the West End).

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I saw this show with a friend, we both thought exactly the same, the singing from the females at times was just too powerful, it was almost like they were having a 'sing off competition' the story was lost because it was really hard to understand what they were singing at times due to it being so so loud, it was unnecessary. I actually felt my ears ringing! When we got outside someone asked what we had been to see and whether we would recommend it. Before we had time to answer, another person replied for us, who felt the same as us, too loud and the story was lost. Really sad because we love seeing musicals. This is definitely our least favourite - sorry