“Avo?”
Review of Avobar

Avobar
Ranked #11,591 of 24,831 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Avobar is a new casual dining concept serving eclectic and wholesome avocado-inspired dishes. Whilst the main site for the avocado bar is undergoing final stages of preparation before it opens in Covent Garden this summer, Avobar Pop Up is up and running just around the corner on Floral Street - for anyone who'd like a little taster. The Pop Up menu is smaller, but utilising the versatility of our favourite fruit we offer something to satisfy every taste and dietary requirement. The space is cosy with rustic notes, open daytime only in the temporary location.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the Avobar during eastern it was not bad, avocado it was but not special enough, with a bit more creativity it will be a great restaurant now it is just okay not special a pity

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! It is important for us to see where we can grow and improve.
With the expansion of our menu at the main location (the place on Floral Street is only a pop up) we will certainly be offering a lot more special avocado-based dishes.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Won't lie.... The reason I went there was to snap a pic of those avo plates :) But.. I was truly surprised. As a pop up the place is superb. Vibe, décor, location.. Food was great and super delicious. That patty in avo burger! Divine! This place made my day. Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review! So happy to hear the pop up exceeded your expectations :) Customer satisfaction is most important to us and we hope to continue pleasantly surprising you.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Avobar is very simple but with style. Everything is very good. I and my friend try avocado in all cities we visit... we taste avocado in different kind and places. Here is very good expecially sweet potatoes with avo . Also dessert are very very very good. Everything was fine.

Hello Jessica,

Thank you so much for your review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience and it is especially great to hear from someone who really knows their avocados :)
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Outstanding food, with amazing attention to details. Normally pop up places have very minimal decor due to them being temporary but I was pleasantly surprised to see so much attention to detail. The plants dotted around the restaurant, the rustic plates, the wooden bar stools with mixed furniture create a very laid back bohemian feel. I absolutely loved the effortlessly cool vibe to the pop up restaurant.
The food is outstanding. Although it is an avocado bar, the menu is varied and you can satisfy any taste being it light healthy vegetarian to a hearty meat fest. I had a poke bowl with avocado and tuna which was delicious with the spiced Jasmin rice. Can’t wait to go back and try the rest of the menu.
I would highly recommend to visit this pop up but if you don’t make it in time, rest assured once the restaurant launches you are in for a treat. A must try.

Liana K, Owner at Avobar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thank you so much for your review! Customer satisfaction is most important to us and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We REALLY wanted to love this place. My friend and I love avocados and have been talking about trying Avobar on our trip to London since we saw it on social media. Unfortunately our experience was not great.

First, the decor and ambiance. I understand this is a pop up location, but we were a bit turned off by the decor and humidity. We weren’t really sure what vibe they were going for. There were cute plants, but then the furniture looked like patio furniture. The plates and napkins also did not really match the restaurants aesthetic. I realize that is a small detail, but customers really do notice these things.

Service was not necessarily bad but we were the only ones in the restaurant and it took us a while to have our order taken (people that came in after us were helped first). Our server was nice, just a tad awkward.

Then the food. I personally feel that if you are going to name your restaurant after an avocado, your avocado dishes need to be exceptional. We both order the avocado “toast.” The bread was cold and did not appear to be toasted at all. And there was no seasoning. Salt, pepper, chili flakes or some sort of citrus would have made a huge difference. Absolutely not worth the price. For reference, I just had avocado toast at the airport that was the same price and ten times better.

Again, we really were excited about this place but would not recommend it.

Liana K, Owner at Avobar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your review - feedback from customers is truly invaluable to us.

The details are important indeed and we are making sure to improve some bits and pieces in our decor, thank you for your suggestions.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in the food you had - this really does not match our standard and I am surprised at the description of the toast. Your comments have been passed down to our kitchen and we will be sure to maintain our normally excellent standards.

I hope we can restore your excitement and assure you this was an off occasion. Our permanent site will feature design and facilities of much higher scale. The food menu will also be expanded, we have some really exciting additions in store!
Hope we could get the chance to make up for your initial impression of us and either way - thank you for your valuable input.