“Ok for pre theatre”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Having eaten in a number of these it was pretty good but not the best.

6 are here before the theatre off the special menu. Selection on offer was standard and food when it came good.

It appears slightly under staffed at peak times. It felt very cramped compared to other cote establishments which is a shame.

Staff were friendly and helpful despite seeming to be under pressure.

For pre theatre it's ok and cheap

Write a ReviewReviews (2,494)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Called in for breakfast, very reasonably priced (less than half the price of our hotel's breakfast). Perfectly cooked and arrived very quickly. As we ordered the 'formule' tea and orange juice was included. Very nice!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Outside it looks great and even inside, but the courses are not quiet that great. It looks like a french restaurant, but it's not that quality. Friendly staff and service

Reviewed 31 March 2018

4 friends went to lunch 3 friends had the pate and it was very nice. I had the fish and we all had the steak with chips. 2 friends had the apple crumble and I had the lemon sorbet very nice my other friend had ice cream.

The service was slow so that gave you enough time to chat between courses. Waiter kept coming back to take our drink orders!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Went here last week for dinner with 5 friends on a Tuesday so wasn't too busy. Staff were friendly and greeted us as soon as we walked in. We had already booked table so there was no faffing about getting a table ready.
I had the calamari for my starter and it was nice but tasted a but oily? I couldn't finish it not just for that reason but because it was quite a large portion I do end up sharing it with my friend. I had the chargrilled chicken with wild mushroom and potato gratin for my main and it was delicious (could've done with a few more mushrooms!). The chicken was nice and moist and the creme fraiche sauce Made the dish even more delightful. Worked out at roughly £32 per person including bottle of wine soft drinks and a few of them had dessert - I wasn't too keen on the choice. Overall I'd recommend Cotes.