“Nice, pleasant, attentive wait staff”
Review of The Brewery

The Brewery
Ranked #2,199 of 25,453 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$84 - US$117
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: The Brewery has consistently been recognised as one of London's leading venues for over half a decade. Testament to this are the prestigious awards the venue has received for its service levels, planning and food and beverage offering. As the capital's ultimate event venue the Brewery has hosted events ranging from government conferences, corporate product launches, star-studded charity events and prestigious award ceremonies.The choice of six rooms, in the heart of the City, caters for 10 to 1000 people in a setting that marries 18th century architecture with cutting-edge technology and an attitude that sets the pace of the event industry.The Brewery prides itself on its unsurpassed food and beverage offering. Straight-talking menus use fresh, seasonal produce sourced from across the British Isles and Europe. Dishes are cooked simply and served elegantly; maximum taste, minimum food miles.The Brewery has worked hard to provide clients with a Corporate Social Responsibility policy that is achievable and measurable for all of their events, large and small. Just by making the smallest of changes, the Brewery can help to make a big difference in the global events sector. Testament to this is the venue has recently achieved the British Standard ISO 20121:2012 Event Sustainability System.
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Very good wait staff. Menu is not large. Hours of operation are somewhat limited so check before you go. Decor is modern. This is not an area of central London with a huge number of restaurants to chose from. As a result, it is also a quiet, tranquil and unhurried place, quite relaxing. The wait staff is very international, with interesting background stories.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Firstly please do not confuse this event venue with the brilliantly managed hotel next door, they are completely separate entities. My history with the Brewery event venue goes back to Oct 1987, when I met my future wife at a function held there, brilliant. Then in May 1992 we had a brilliant day at this venue as we held our wedding reception in the Sugar rooms. It was so good I even remember the name of the lady who organised everything, thank you Penny. So recently with our SIlver wedding anniversary approaching I made contact hoping to use the venue again to surprise my wife on our special occasion. I was put in email contact with the lady who organises smaller events and thought that with my offer of some positive advertising we would get to have our dream evening. Sadly It was not to be, as even with all the above added to which my wife is a "Signor Pasquale Favale bride". (Google it:a fascinating historic story of marriage in the City of London since 1880) there was no interest from the Brewery. I was told a director had been spoken too and said that the minimum I would have to spend worked out at over £300 per head..! Admittedly I was after a slightly smaller do with 20 guests but even so I was struck by how unhelpful they were. So be warned if you have or are using it for your wedding reception then the after care service is not what it could be. On the night of our anniversary it was all chained up and in darkness.

2  Thank jinnymc56
Reviewed 11 May 2017

AMAZING - What a gem of a hotel - this hotel is a must.
Beautiful, sophisticated and peaceful. tucked away from the crowds

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Fantastic venue for events and seminars! Food and service were amazing. I can't but praise the place as everything was just top notch!

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Converted Brewery, reimagined into a fantastic function venue with the latest technology and sound system to be able to deliver business conferences of all sizes. I can imagine as well that it would make a great party venue. Central location, 15 mins walk from Liverpool Street Station. Charming facade, staff took very good care of the us 900+ people. And the catering was unique and the food tasted good. No idea on the price but worth considering if you want to hold an event in the city centre somewhere with abit of character.