“Excellent Pre match venue”
Review of The Riverside

The Riverside
Ranked #11,643 of 24,829 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An eclectic British pub, The Riverside offers a modern British menu, showcasing the best in seasonal produce. Hearty mains and wholesome weekend brunches are bolstered by a menu of old school desserts, while the bar at The Riverside offers the stock of real ales Young's pubs have become famous for. Chunky wood tables and a spirit and pump-lined bar make this a popular spot for relaxed and informal all-day dining. Our Head Chef Tony & his team of chefs have created a delicious menu using only the finest of seasonal ingredients, to satisfy the most discerning of taste buds. Serving amazing roasts on a Sunday and a tasty brunch, lunch and evening menu throughout the week. We are the ideal space for your up and coming celebrations, Whether its a birthday, engagement or even retirement. Get in touch to find out about our range of packages. We also have ideal space for day time meetings during the week.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

About 15-20 minutes walk to the Bridge, this excellent riverside pub offers a good range of beers and food. Booking is recommended on match days and allow a little longer for service.

.Riverside V, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at The Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us a review and we love that you have called us a excellent pub!

I would love to hear your ideas on how we can turn your 4 star review into a 5 star on your next visit.

Pop over any ideas you have to my email on riversideevents@youngs.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I’ve lived in St George Wharf for 2 years but this was my first time to Riverside. It wasn’t bad to start. The door doesn’t close on its own, and it’s freezing outside, but there was more character than I expected. After some time we ordered supper at the bar. 40 minutes later, upon following up, they confirmed the order had not been placed.
I appreciate that this is a mistake, but the issue simply worsened. The man who took the order was new, and was assisted by a (presumed) assistant manager. The new employee apologized profusely. The assistant manager thru the new employee under the bus, didn’t address the situation as a team mistake and was uncooperative. I was appalled. I’m used to mediocre service at a pub, but having the assistant manager throw his new colleague under the bus and take no responsibility for the event was unheard of.

I’m now at home eating leftovers and will NEVER head back to this pub. I also encourage others NOT to visit. There are other pubs with better service within the vicinity. Bitter end to an otherwise lovely weekend.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your experience, however we are sorry that you feel this way about your visit.

We are very sorry that this mistake happened with our new member of staff, we did try to rectify this mistake straight away and assured you that your food would be put through as high priority but by this point you no longer wanted food. We didn't want you go home hungry or have to eat your leftovers at home, we would of much rather you ate with us!

We did also then take a large amount of money off your drinks order to apologies, we are sorry that this was not enough.

Mistakes can happen and we were very sorry on the night and we are very sorry now.

We do hope you see past this and visit us again!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Partner had the burger which came with skinny chips. All of it was under salted.

I had the sausages. They were bland shockingly. The mash was under salted and the gravy was limited.

Poor. Service was ok but the ladies behind the bar did not seem that interested. Think it lives off its position and so focus on the food is not there. Shame really.

.Riverside V, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at The Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your visit, we really do appreciate all the feedback we receive as it helps us grow as a business.

We are very sorry to hear the meals you had were not up to your expectations, the kitchen don't tend to over salt the meals as we provide salt on the table for guests to be able to salt their food how they prefer.

However we never want guests to feel this way and I would really like to hear more about your experience, could you please pop me and email with the date and time of your visit to riversideevents@youngs.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Never been here before and my boyfriend brought us here for valentines and It was perfect! The restaurant is widen away off the main road along the riverfront and we had a really delicious meal. All the staff were really jolly and spreading the valentine joy, I can’t remember the name of one of the waiters but he was really nice, Bryan I think? he had loads of time for us.

Great place but the best part was when we were both really full from all the nice food we took a nice walk along the river, very romantic and perfect for valentines. Thank you river side

.Riverside V, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at The Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for your kind words and for leaving us a 5 star!

We are always very happy to hear our guests enjoyed thier visit, especially on Valentine's day.

I will be sure to let the team know they did a great job.

I hope you visit us again very soon and let me know when your coming on riversideevents@youngs.co.uk and I will be sure to help in anyway I can!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I booked a table for a social event with the motorcycle club I am part of and we had a great time. Fast, amicable service and great food too. Will be coming back on a warmer evening to enjoy the views from the esplanade!

.Riverside V, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at The Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Hi Susana,

Thank you very much for leaving us a 5 star review!

We are very happy to hear you and the other members of your motorcycle club had a great time.

Whenever you feeling like visiting us again pop me an email on riversideevents@youngs.co.uk and I will be sure to help in anyway I can!

Many Thanks,