“Fantastic Tapas Experience”

Get food delivered
Ranked #2,412 of 23,949 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$21 - US$62
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Zuaya is an exotic Latin American restaurant with the wow factor that seduces the senses. We are a hidden gem in Kensington, nestled just off Kensington High street. Whether you are looking to relax and indulge over cocktails at our chic bar or wish to be taken on an exciting culinary journey of Latin America with our mouth-watering menu of fresh, exotic and inventive Latin American (Brazilian, Peruvian & Mexican) & Spanish tapas and sharing plates, we promise you an experience you won’t forget. Our restaurants’ chic and exotic interiors feature three distinct ambiances (including an outside terrace) which provide the perfect oasis for lunch, drinks or dinner. Intimate and yet lively, with a resident DJ playing Latin American vibes on select nights of the week, when you enter Zuaya, we assure you’ you’ll leave London at the door!
Reviewed 2 June 2021

We recently went to Zuaya to celebrate our anniversary. Upon entering we were welcomed with a lively and colourful atmosphere and friendly faces, as well as a complimentary glass of prosecco.

Our server, Bachir, was more than we could have ever hoped for. He was attentive and funny and made the experience very special for us and even gave us some pointers for our Spanish!

The food was delicious (most dishes we chose were helpfully suggested by Bachir) and the portions are generous. The cocktails were great - we had the caipirinhas.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience and we can't wait to bring our friends with us next time!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (116)

Reviewed 29 May 2021

Really loved the restaurant. Me and my sisters went for a girls night out. Fantastic food which is quite filling and at a good price. The staff was amazing especially Bachir, he was very attentive and thoughtful and all round amazing!

Reviewed 26 May 2021

girlfriend birthday treat as her birthday was in lockdown Fantastic food incredible service don't normally write reviews but this restaurant deserves one

Reviewed 23 May 2021

The food was amazing, We had the lamb and tuna tacos- which were beautiful. My friend had the burger which comes quite rare (so worth noting if you prefer a more cooked burger), also the sweet potato chips are crisps. The duck rice was the big winner for us, I could eat that again!
We had cocktails which are always fun- the Bellini is 80% juice with a dash of Prosecco rather than the other way around- so very sweet.
The decor was lovely and created lots of fun conversations.
My only negative is when I booked the seating said 1-2:30 (perfectly reasonable for lunch). I had a confirmation email before I arrived which I responded to. I then got a call on my way to the restaurant to tell me I had to leave by 2:30 (which felt a bit odd as that's all they rang to say). Then as I was being seated the lady again told me I had to leave by 2:30. We were in fact gone before this- but it made me feel a bit unwelcome and that they couldn't wait to get rid of us. Considering we were on a table crammed next to the bar where the staff stand and walk to and from the kitchen, but the downstairs was relatively empty- it didn't feel like the pressure to get rid of us was necessary, or maybe didn't need to be reiterated so much.

Reviewed 20 May 2021

The food was phenomenal, everything we ordered from meat and fish, to the tacos and the cocktails- superb and full of diverse flavours. Fun and interesting setting, with a pleasant staff. It was a birthday celebration and the staff surprised us with a treat at the end which was lovely. Slightly more pricy but worth it. Would definitely recommend.