“Great hotel in a good location”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #45 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed for one night in a suite at the hotel. It was perfect, no complaints at all. The room was really nicely decorated, with luxury touches like bathrobes, elemis bath products and a fantastic, big shower and bath. The bed was comfy and huge. There was a dvd library in the room, an ipod docking station, loads of hanging space and a nice sofa. It was close to Bank and Liverpool Street tubes so a good location but as it's a business area it's quiet after office hours so no noise to keep you awake. It was spotless and the staff were very friendly. Top marks for this hotel - I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Apex London Wall Hotel

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I booked this hotel for my girlfriend and I as part of a birthday weekend for her. Whilst booking the hotel online, I mentioned that we were celebrating her birthday in the booking and on arrival we were pleasantly surprised at receiving a complimentary room upgrade, free chocolates in the room and a hand written card! Very nice touch Apex. The room itself was immaculate. Believe me when I say it looks identical to the pictures. Everything worked in the room including the massive TV and the iPod dock. Room service was delivered promptly. The ONLY thing I could pick at was that the beautiful free standing bath filled up very slowly. I called the reception and they sent a member of staff upstairs right away. They gave us the option to change rooms but as it was such a minor detail we declined. I almost didn't want to mention this as it may detract from the perfect picture I painted, however, I think the mark of a good establishment is how well they handle issues that inevitably arise and I must say, they dealt with our issue very well. The Apex isn't the cheapest hotel but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Thank you Apex for a lovely weekend

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here for one night at the end of March. The hotel is close enough to the tube station. Great location for us. Even though the city shuts down at the weekend you are still within walking distance of many places. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was booked as part of a theatre package but I can honestly say I would choose this hotel next time we go. The hotel decor is very boutique stylee with the rooms furnished in a modern style and bathrooms that are large enough for both a bath and a double shower (we only had a standard room!) Loved the docking station and the large TV! We would highly recommend this hotel as a good night sleep is a given as it is so quiet outside.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liz w
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed here over a weekend and the City of London is pretty dead then, shops, cafes all closed as the working week is over. The good side of this being it's very quiet, no traffic or people noise. A bit sci-fi like but really a good location, handy for tubes and stations etc.

The hotel is compact but the rooms are pretty big, well fitted out, great TV and (after a struggle to get the heating working) warm. Breakfast is really good, massive choice and for an extra tenner the choice of lots of hot stuff for two. Staff very helpful but not familiar with local street layout or able to give directions.

Downside - bar was a bit pricey, no decent views either as you're in pretty narrow streets.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be better, maybe a chance of getting a view of some sort. I'd imagine this h...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FromEccose
Reviewed 2 April 2012

What a wonderful stay in a lovely hotel.
Comfortable rooms with loads of rooms - loved the large shower.
Location - perfect for us as we were not too far from London Bridge for Borough Market and South Bank and also for Spitalfields Market. Nice to be in a quieter area of London for a good night's sleep.
Rooms are tastefully decorated.
Staff are friendly and not too intrusive.

Would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends