“Modern comfortable hotel, great stay”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #46 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We recently stayed at the Apex London Wall for 2 nights (room only) and really enjoyed our stay. We were in a City room and it was very modern yet cosy. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was fab with a lovely large bath and powerful rain shower. The nice touches are the bathrobes and slippers, the complimentary bottles of water and tea/coffee and biscuits in the room which were replenished daily. The room had a flat screen TV with the Sky Sports channels (much to my husband's delight!) and also the Sky movies channels. The room had everything you could possible need, such as a hairdryer, iron and ironing board which were all very convenient for our short stay. The only little gripe could be that our room (403) was totally overlooked by an office full of workers at their desks but luckily we were out all day so this wasn't really a problem for us. All the staff we came across were helpful and friendly and check in and out were very speedy and efficient. The location of the hotel is down a back street in the business district but only a 5-10 minute walk to the Moorgate and Liverpool Street Tube stations. This area is buzzing during the week with office workers and the hotel has lots of cafes and shops nearby however when weekend arrives it is a complete dead zone, all the shops shut and it seems eerily deserted! But if you up for a walk then Spitalfields is only 15-20 minutes away and his area has lots going on all week round.
All in all we had a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to family and friends (If they were going during the week!)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Apex London Wall Hotel

Reviewed 8 January 2013

We stayed here over the new year for two nights and has a fantastic stay. I didn't give 4 stars for two very small reasons, firstly the pillows for us were far to soft and gave us neck ache and secondly the cleaner on the 2nd morning was very noisy. Our room was next to the cleaners cupboard and from 8am till 11am there was just a constant noise of doors banging and things being moved about etc. Dont let these put you off though as the hotel is amazing and staff very very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back all be it with a firmer pillow (but thats just personal preference). :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I needed a hotel close to the clients office and this one fit the bill perfectly.
It is a well presented clean and efficient hotel with all that I needed for my stay.
WIFI good (and free), complimentary newspaper, tea and coffee facilities with quality biscuits :)
Everything worked as it should, good quality towels and toiletries, plenty of TV channels.
Food was of a good standard and staff at breakfast were very courteous and attentive.
Overall a very good hotel for a my 3 day business trip and will use again in the future.
Only minor gripe is the mini bar prices (as with all hotels - how do they make up these prices?) so I didn't use it, and the lack of clarity on room rate at time of booking (it excluded VAT so the 20% addition was a bit of a shock)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed at the Apex London Wall for one night and it was very good. Helpful service and everything you need for a business stay with complimentary wi-fi and short walk to everything within the City. The room was a bit small, but very comfortable beds and new interior and bathroom facilities. I can recommend this hotel for future guests.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel for a long weekend with my wife (a birthday celebration) we had 3 nights (Friday to Monday) in a Junior Suite on the 4th Floor.

The hotel is situated on a quiet street (very quiet on a weekend) off of London Wall in the 'city' and therefore not around the more traditional 'tourist' sights. Though, this was known at time of booking and not an issue for us, as we are accustomed to London and navigating around.

The on-line booking process and price point was very easy and competitive - we were able to fix dates and get what I felt was a very reasonable cost for a 3 night stay. Check in was simple and easy, though nothing more than functional. Again, more than adequate for us...

The room was nice, of a good size, with split sleeping and lounge area - good quality furnishing and furniture. The bathroom was large, with a separate walk-in shower and bath. Good quality towels, dressing gowns and nice toiletries. Overall I was more than happy with the room.

We took breakfast on two mornings, cooked and continental, the quality (cooked to order) and quantity was very good – service was proficient and prompt but not outstanding (maybe more used to business guest during the week), this is by no means a criticism nor a complaint – just an observation. We had room service one evening – the options and variety I thought was very good – the food was a good to high standard, though smaller in portion size than possibly expected (again a minor observation) – price was reasonable and service very prompt. I would assume this promptness was because it was a weekend.

Room cleaning and ‘turn-down’ service was very efficient (though they did forget to turn down my wife’s side of the bed one evening – that amused us….) and quick – quality of work was good. The hotel does offer ‘loans’ of Blu Ray discs, with a few titles, which is a nice touch.

The surrounding area was quiet; the hotel noise was ‘average’ for foot traffic in corridors etc. Other room noise – we heard none, which is always welcome.

Check out was simple and efficient.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay – the hotel is very good and I would not hesitate to recommend to travellers, who are happy to stay more in the ‘city’ and travel out to the sights. I was happy from a ‘couples’ perspective on a weekend break, though I can see the hotel being busy and popular for business travel during the week.

It is certainly a hotel I would revisit both for work and pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple