Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$99
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$197
US$139
Doubletree
US$210
US$148
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury(London)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$111
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
US$89
US$82
Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$133
  • Free Internet
US$298
US$148
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$71
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

The Arch London(London)
US$337
US$279
US$297
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I booked an apartment here for my two daughters since the location seemed good.
Well, what a disaster it was for them and how bad I felt at putting them through this.
The hotel had made an error with the booking since, as it turns out, the person taking the bookings could barely speak English. What should have been a simple problem to solve turned out to be anything but, and the manager began to scream and yell at my daughters through no fault of their own.
Eventually they were allowed to check in and found the apartment dirty with pubic hairs on the floor and in the bed. Hot water lasted five minutes only. Internet reception was poor. Noise from the street outside was such that sleep was next to impossible. The room was generally dirty.
Perhaps the worse part of all was the fact that both girls woke up with bites on their skin, presumably from some insect.
What a horrible place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Winston J
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I booked a single studio but was assigned a double. The apartment was not a bad size (compared to others I've stayed in in London). It was rather shabby but clean and comfortable. The kitchen area was small but not as cramped as others I've seen. The bathroom was a bit dated but the shower worked OK, it was clean, the towels were replaced daily and there was plenty of hot water.There was no ac and there was quite a bit of noise from the traffic (understandably given the location) and there was no reading light by the bed. There was an iron and ironing board and the receptionist asked me if I needed a hairdryer when I checked in. There was coffee and tea etc. Overall it was very good value for money - you won't get much for £70 in London these days - and I've paid a lot more for places that were not much better - or even worse.

Room Tip: If you really want a quiet room then stay somewhere off a main road!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anwen61
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Noisy environment, poor service and impolite staff. Strongly advised not to choose this for your stay in London. It was your fault that the staff moved you to another flat at the basement as the bulb of the toilet was out of order and they could only rectify until tomorrow. It was also your fault when the main door of the second flat couldn't be closed automatically, the window couldn't be open and the water of the bath and basin flowed very very slowly. This time the staff told you that they could do nothing for you. You were requested to leave the flat if you weren't satisfied with the service but WITHOUT REFUND. The staff then slammed the door and went away. HOW RIDICULOUS!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Grace C
Reviewed 14 June 2013

But with that title I don't mean that it's a bad place in which to stay. After reading many traveller reviews here and on another websites, I knew more or less what to expect.

I arrived with my friend and they charged me 3% because I was paying with my credit card - something I was already aware of after reading a review, so it didn't bother me. We had requested a twin room, NOT in the basement, but guess what we got? Yes, a basement room with a double bed. I complained at the desk and the guy told me it was a "good room", and that a small couch in there could be opened and turned into a single bed. My friend tried this smaller bed and liked it, and I took the double bed, so we accepted the room. Guy at frontdesk said we could try to change rooms the next morning but we would have to wait and see if someone would check out, but we didn't want to wait until 11am so we kept the room for the whole stay. I was a little disappointed as I expected to enjoy the view but it wasn't so bad in the end. Like I said, you get what you pay for - the location alone made up for this little misunderstanding.

And it really was a good room: spacious, a bay window, one double bed, the smaller sofa-bed, a couch, one Ikea 2-door wardrobe with mirrors on the doors (Narnia feelings) and a few coat hangers, one Ikea dresser with 3 drawers, two nighstands, a small table and 3 chairs, a 22" flat-screen TV, an ironing table (!) and even a normal-sized iron inside the wardrobe. My bed was also comfortable, and there were plenty of pillows and covers. I sleep with earplugs so I didn't hear a thing, but my friend slept by the window without earplugs and she said she slept like a baby, no noise from traffic or passers-by.

A dor separated bedroom and kitchen, which I liked, because I had seen pictures of kitchens that were inside the bedroom and I didn't want one like that since I can't sleep when the room smells like food. The kitchen had a small fridge, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, glasses, glass mugs, wine glasses, plates, cutlery, detergent, sponge, salt, assorted pots and pans, a plastic dish rack and plenty of room in the cabinets. It had everything you need in a kitchen except napkins, and dish and paper towels! (We didn't use the stove, though)

The bathroom was tiny, but manageable. Towel rack placed weirdly on wall above toilet. Towels ok. Shower above bathtub, could have used a hook there on the wall. Weird, long strand of hair on bathroom door. One night I was in the shower and the water went almost cold, happened again the next day and we realized we couldn't turn on the water in the kitchen or the shower would go cold.

Staff was very friendly, but every day we found a different person on the desk. We didn't really need assistance with anything, so I can't comment on that. We didn't use the laundry room either. Housekeeping stopped by every day, cleaned the room in an average way but they even did the dishes one morning, when we had left it in the sink because we left in a hurry!

Free wireless internet signal was good in the basement, we had two options being basement and ground floor modems.

Like I said, you get what you pay for. I loved staying there because it was close to Kensington Park and two tube stations, there were also many supermarkets, restaurants and useful stores going north on Queensway street. We also walked to Portobello Market on Saturday, it was that close and very conveniently located. We even walked to Paddington Station one morning. The downside is that the hotel could use a renovation, everything looked a little shabby, and the front desk looks like it was decorated in the 1980's and then never again. There was an elevator right next to our room but we didn't hear a thing, it was very quiet.

So if you're not picky and choose to stay here you will have a great time in London without having to pay a small fortune for acommodations. It's certainly an "Average" hotel when it comes to the rooms, but the price and location make it a "Very Good" to me.

Room Tip: We stayed at room 13, basement, front, facing Bayswater Road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends