“Looking after lockdown”

Get food delivered
Ranked #1,766 of 1,862 Quick Bites in London
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I thought the world was closed at the moment and hospitality was just about emotionless takeaway grabbed from a counter top.
And then I went to Gails Earlsfield and found the smiliest team of great professionals who have brightened up every morning for me and my daughter for the last year. They take the coffee far more seriously than my understanding. I just know it’s awesome. The pastries are always made fresh by the guys all rotating stations with shifts so they are skilled at everything and they take real pride in it. Delicious.
Marta and Editya have made the morning outing for coffee with my little girl the best bit of the day. The whole team are kind and we will never forget the last year being looked after by Gails so well. Thank you all so much, Nick

Date of visit: April 2021
GAIL's Bakery, Marketing at GAIL's Bakery Earlsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review our bakery, our team will be thrilled with your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed 21 September 2020

We stopped for a coffee mainly because we know the Wimbledon branch, assuming the standard of coffee and service would be similar. This is perhaps a training issue but as well as a lukewarm coffee we cannot recommend the service. I was given funny looks by staff for asking if I could have a cloth to wipe a dirty table, I was then called back after taking my coffees and felt reprimanded as it was loudly announced to the queue that I had not paid ( the card transaction had not gone through and the server had not noticed at first) . When someone finally arrived with a cloth to clean the table we were told they would wipe it for us, but we had to get out of her way first... I would suggest some customer service training, as well as a barista refresher, as we were made to feel they were doing us a favour by letting us buy a couple of not very nice and overpriced flat whites .

Date of visit: September 2020
GAILsBakery, Manager at GAIL's Bakery Earlsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

We’re sorry and disappointed to learn about your experience with our team and rest assured that we will address your feedback with the bakery manager. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again, and we do encourage you to contact breadheads@gailsbread.co.uk if you would like to discuss your experience in more detail.

Reviewed 7 September 2020

Staff at Queens park and Westbourne grove have a serious issue with understanding what representation of their employers. They all seem to feel they are above being polite or friendly and look down their noses at you if you buy one cake or one roll! As bad as selfridges Dior staff - news flash Your Not the owners! Your just ordinary but rather less appealing human beings get over yourselves jumped up nobody’s...

Reviewed 3 September 2020

I had a flat white _ which was cold - and a minuscule salami on a cream bun, £5.50 all in. I know it's London but this is crazy prices.

Date of visit: September 2020

Thank you for your review. We are committed to providing our customers with a positive experience, however, it does seem that we missed the mark during your visit. We apologise for this and please feel free to email breadheads@gailsbread.co.uk if you'd like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 3 December 2019 via mobile

Great baked goods, good coffee but the playlists can do your head in! Why so loud? Its massively stressful, but possibly because they like to turnover customers who tend to use the cafe as a workspace? Thing is, you want people to keep coming, dont you, and come back. A buzz is great, but blaring beat is not that.

Date of visit: November 2019
GAILsBakery, Manager at GAIL's Bakery Earlsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2019

We are really sorry you are found the music too loud. We will make sure the team keep it at a level comfortable for everyone.