“A great friendly pub”

Ranked #145 of 1,854 Quick Bites in London
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Whitechapel
Description: A traditional pub a short walk from Tower Hill tube, with a fully heated beer garden, outdoor screen and an easy going atmosphere. Offering quality pub grub, an impressive range of craft drinks and excellent sports coverage.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stopped off for a drink at the Minories after having lunch at the Savoy Grill. We were met by a friendly lady who allocated us a table. We were looked after by a charming bar person who was friendly and attentive. A great place to sit and relax and to enjoy a drink.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank Chixychax
Write a reviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Disgusting customer service from Front of House Manager. Made me feel very uncomfortable. After witnessing a member of staff smoking outside the front door I got up to have a cigarette myself & go to shop. Before I even got out the door I was pounced upon & told under no uncertain terms I had to go to back beer garden. I then explained I had to go to shop however her member of staff was smoking outside to which she replied well yes but she knows to move if a customer try’s to get in, implying that I would not & that I would be stood in doorway in which I also had no intention of doing. I explained that it would be rude to do so & that is not something I would do or have done. She then still became confrontational & said well that’s what most customers do to again which I had to reiterate it’s not what I would do & had no intention of standing there. She carried on still arguing while walking away with no apologies. My whole experience was ruined by her attitude I didn’t enjoy my food & left as soon as I could. I would not return again. Any good points about this bar are ruined by a person who clearly needs to improve on her customer service & professionalism

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 22 April 2021

We visited the first weekend of freedom when beer gardens were given the all clear to open. The staff were incredibly organised - it's also worth noting that I was 8 months pregnant at the time of visiting and the staff went out of their way to shuffle tables so that I could be at a comfier seat, without having even asked! It was incredibly kind of them. The service was great and swift and we all felt extremely comfortable - we'll be back!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 6 December 2020

Looked very festive and nice inside but atmosphere was anything but. Never have i been somewhere where all the staff went out of their way to be rude to our group. Food was awful for what you pay, i'd be surprised if theyre still in business in another 6 months. Bad business and customer service gets you nowhere and now that they dont have a regular influx of city drinkers coming out of work, there is nothing to hide the shocking experience that they offer. Fix up or you wont survive.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 22 November 2020

The pub is decent with good decor and average prices and the pies are really good. The problem is their thieving attitude: they allowed me to order at 21:55 at a day they normally stop serving at 23:00 and 5 minutes later the security guard asked us to leave the premises because the pub was privately booked! when I said that we had just been served and our pints are full, he said: "not my problem"! I went to the bar to aks for plastic cups and they said they do not have any that we are not allowed to take our glasses outside and that they "do not do refunds"

I had friends visiting from abroad that day and I was so embarrassed by this behaviour! There are plenty of good pubs in the area and I am never visiting this sh!£#ole again!

Date of visit: December 2019