“Love! ”

Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: European, Polish, Central European
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Everyone loves Polish food – some people just don’t know it yet. Mamuska! is what you call your mother-in-law in Poland… as long as she feeds you well and you love her for it. No matter what your roots, you will feel a little closer to Poland and a lot more upbeat after a hearty meal and a shot of flavoured premium vodka from Mamuska! See you soon!
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Great food, huge portions, super friendly staff, good prices... and vodka!
Great place to visit with friends, relaxed environment and plenty of room.

Placki with mushrooms are something else!

1  Thank Slngmc
Ian C, Owner at Mamuska!, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thanks Slngmc!

You summed us up very well. Want a job? ; )

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Wow only found this little gem today, was taken here by a Polish friend and now I'm hooked!

The food was excellent, the beer good and the service great!

Ian C, Owner at Mamuska!, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Many thanks Russ! Hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Went for a meal with my son last night. First the good news... A big range of beer & vodka at reasonable prices. The food is cheap & plentiful..
But my pork goulash with potato pancakes was very horrible. A great pile of soggy pancakes; the meat was tough & dry & had clearly only recently been introduced to the sauce - which was actually very tasty.
And the service was not good. Only one member of staff - who was very pleasant but didn't seem to know very much. She couldn't find the vodka I wanted; she couldn't roll over my bill so I could pay for it all at the end. Also, I didn't appreciate the nasty plastic cutlery & having to fetch my own food & drinks.
All in... Very poor.

1  Thank artyfarty1
Ian C, Owner at Mamuska!, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi Arty. Thank you for bringing some of this to our attention. Can you pleaseemail me at ian@mamuska.net and tell me when exactly you attended? We definitely need some better training in the Front of House - WE HAVE TWO STEEL CUTLERY STATIONS!! (The 'plastic' cutlery is actually compostible corn starch - much more expensive but better for Mama Earth - and is only for TAKE AWAY. I am sorry you were not shown where the proper cutlery is kept). As for the gulasz, when you send me the date and time of your visit I will investigate with my Head Chef. It is always tender. So something definitely went wrong there. We literally NEVER cook meat separately and add it to the gulasz, because we cook it in large batches and never run out. It's a head-scratcher, but I am determined to find out what went wrong with your meal. Regarding the paying process, as a 'fast-casual' place (like Nando's) we do not tend to 'run tabs'. People pay when they order at Mamuśka! which keeps our system simple, our labour and prices nice and low and (usually) things running smoothly. But it sounds like we need to give the Service Star who waited on you some training on vodka! Thank you again for bringing these things to our attention and please do email me so I can investigate further; It will be greatly appreciated. Best regards, Ian Coll

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Everyone remembers their grandmother's home cooking with great fondness, recipes and methods that only she could create and yet I am lucky to have found it again here.

I grew up on this food and while it's cooked slightly different in each region of Poland, I was amazed that Mamuska's Pierogi was identical to my grandmother's (see pic) where the dough isn't just something to hold dumpling filling, but is itself thick, chewy and tasty. I recommend their beef pierogi but also try the goat's cheese - a very modern take and goes fantastically with the type of dough used.

Mains were Pork Schnitzel (see pic) which was so good, big serving with mashed potato and a carrot salad that is to die for. The Schnitzel was moist all the way through. Potato Pancakes with sour cream (see pic) was also like my grandmother's, usually they are made very thin yet large, so like a hot cake in depth but the size of an American pancake. This is how most of Poland makes it, but I'm used to these being medium sized thick mounds of potato and flour indulgence and that's exactly the way they are cooked here. They are really filling this way and we put sour cream on everything! The tradition dates back many generations, when families would make their own sour cream and store it in a coolroom, so had to use it up.

Lastly we enjoyed some amazing Polish craft beers (see pic) - honey beer (my mum's favourite) and an utter treat, raspberry beer which is refreshing. They have so many wonderful flavoured beers to choose from, as well as quality traditional vodka either natural or flavoured. The great thing about Polish food is that starter plates are especially matched to vodka or beer, allowing the socialising that goes with drinking to continue steadily while putting something in your stomach so you don't feel unwell.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I am a big fan of polish food and i usually love it. When i found out about this restaurant i got excited and chose to eat a nice chabowy with my friend. The waiter didnt pay any attention to us and seemed bothered by guests. The general feeling from the chefs and waiters there felt very uninviting. As for the food. It tasted nice but after a couple of hours i started vomiting like crazy. I suspect it was the mayonaise on the table which i dont know if they check on too often. And yeah, the tables were pretty dirty and the place looked like it needed a good clean-up.

Ian C, Owner at Mamuska!, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Milenko,

I am sorry sorry to read your email. First, let me assure you that the mayonnaise has been checked and is fine. We have had no other reports of upset stomachs from any of our guests, but that is not in any way meant to diminish your illness. Regarding the rude service you received, would you please tell me via email ian@mamuska.net when exactly you visited and also describe the Service Star who waited on you? We take these types of complaints very seriously and it would help me and my management team tremendously to know who treated like that. I also plan on checking who should have been cleaning, and clearly - from what you have written - did not! Thank you for your review and please give us the additional details so we can do something tangible to make things better. I would love to invite you back as my guest, so you can have the experience you paid for and clearly did not receive. Best regards, Ian Coll