“for malaysian who misses malaysian food ”
Review of Rasa Sayang

Rasa Sayang
Ranked #2,392 of 24,437 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: A mid-sized restaurant serving delightful Malaysia-Singapore Cuisine.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

this is a malaysian restaurant that offers rather authentic malaysian street food in london chinatown. it’s a halal restaurant. most main courses are priced below £10. we came here for late lunch (at around 2pm), and it was really busy. it’s not a fancy restaurant so it’s all about the food.

roti canai, curry chicken and beef rendang are superb. prawn mee (soup base) and char kuey teow (fried) are decent. we didn’t quite fancy the hokkien mee (dark sauce fried noodles) as it doesn’t quite taste authentic. teh tarik is great but a bit pricey (£3 for a small cup). curry spring roll and kuih dadar are just so so and pricey (about £4).

we enjoyed the main courses more than starter and dessert. overall it’s an enjoyable meal, and we will definitely come back to sample other items on the menu.

it’s not easy to find good malaysian restaurant in london. i have to give this restaurant a thumbs-up!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on mother’s day and did enjoy the food. If you have been to asia then you know this is the taste. Only drink size is very disappointing. For the price and the size of the cup you paid (teh tarik) is not impressive . Food Pricing maybe is okay but is not cheap £27.40 for 2 people. Will I come back? Sure if I fancy to eat Malaysian food I will return

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I've been going to Rasa Sayang on and off now for close to ten years. I love their mains - noodles, noodle soup, rendang - all pretty good value for £8-9 in central London. Having been to Malaysia I would say their food is pretty authentic, and even if it's not it's pretty tasty! I would have given 5 stars but since their refurbishment last year I do have some qualms which have been a major disappointment.

Firstly, while I appreciate their prices have to increase, the dessert prices have almost doubled while the portion sizes have halved. Really I don't think this is good business, as previously I would almost always have dessert, but now I don't. Similarly, drink prices have increased, I wouldn't say they are 'rip off' but £3 for a tiny glass cup of tea really isn't good enough (and not in line with the pricing of the mains which are excellent value for money). Again, I think they will lose out in the end as I now will only order water.

Also, service used to be great - ok they were never the most friendly bunch but it was quick and efficient so nothing to complain about. However recently, waiters have been slow, forgetful, and whilst this is unavoidable sometimes considering the size of the restaurant it shouldn't really happen that a customer is kept waiting for their order to be taken or a bill to be paid for over 10 minutes.

I'll keep going to Rasa Sayang as long as the mains stay tasty and under £10, but please management, if you're reading this; either increase the sizes of the desserts and the drinks to larger portions or reduce your prices; and also make sure staff are doing their best to pay attention to tables - not staring blankly into the distance or repetitively serving one table but not another!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

If you're missing your Singaporean and Malaysian street food classics, you would feel lucky to find them anywhere. Rasa Sayang is not as good as being back in the Straits, but it is better than nothing, especially if you find the dishes difficult to cook at home. If you're expecting more polite service, then you aren't looking for the authentic experience.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Great food as alway. Smiles everywhere. Their acar is good. Hofan lor is great as always. The sotong kangkong taste good as well. A place to visit whenever in London.