Kennington B & B
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
Pasha Hotel(London)
  • Restaurant
All reviewskennington tube stationnorthern linetop floorcontinental breakfasthouse keeperyogurtseparate bathroomevery morninga lovely place to stayminute walkpubs and restaurantsother guestseasy accessfirst floorhome away from hometesco expressbus stop
Reviewed 1 December 2016

My Husband and I stayed at The Kennington for a 3 night getaway. Had a warm and friendly greeting from Sian. Stayed in Apartment 17 on the 1st floor at the rear of the property. What a lovely room...all mod cons, with a view of the courtyard garden looking very pretty lit up with fairy lights!
Use of the kitchen in the basement was a plus where you could make tea/coffee and take in takeaways if desired...to be eaten in the kitchen. Breakfast is buffet style with plenty of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, pastries etc. House keeper certainly looked after us well!
I would make 1 suggestion and that would be to have shelving/table by the sink in bathroom and something in the shower cubicle for toiletries. Would definitely stay here again and am recommending to family and friends.

Room Tip: rooms at the rear are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
STG65, Owner at Kennington B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Thank you so much for staying and for your great review
It always great to get helpful comments and have taken them on board
Hope to see you both again

Reviewed 1 December 2016

My wife and I arrived at the Kennington B &B very late (1AM!!) because of airline difficulties including lost baggage. Sian greeted us promptly, graciously, and offered assistance with personal care in the absence of our baggage. Mind you, this was at 1 AM!!! and she was welcoming--did I say thaat it was 1 AM!! The remainder of our stay was equally gracious, breakfast was superb, and we received a suggestion for a day trip exploring an outdoor flower market; this became a highlight of our trip. We can't say enough great things about Sian and the Kennington B&B, treat yourself and stay here whenever possible.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
STG65, Owner at Kennington B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Thank you so much for your lovely review. You are both such wonderful people anyone else would have done the same. I am glad you got your luggage eventually and that it did not ruin your stay too much.
I hope we meet again.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

I had come down to London from Leicester for a wedding nearby to Kennington (Vauxhall) and had stayed over with a friend in Twickenham the night before for ease of travel. Having kindly been given the availability of an early check in, what should have been a short 40 min journey to Kennington B&B took nearly 3 hours because of 2 demonstrations in central London. Having rung Sian (the proprietor) to explain, she guided me in from where I was stuck in traffic and, understanding my need for speed on arrival ensured I was promptly installed in a fabulous and interesting room (well .. more of a total flat ... beautifully clean, cleverly laid out with 'hidden' doors, tastefully decorated and furnished to a high spec), set up an ironing board for me and basically could not have been more helpful. Sian had already explained in previous conversations where parking would be available in the streets behind Kennington Road so I was able to park up with ease. She also rang and booked a taxi to get me to the church. The accommodation was really lovely, the bed was the most comfortable bed I have experienced in a hotel, the water pressure was excellent and there was loads of storage for everything. Also the wifi was free and superb - big plus for me. There was a private entrance to a sweet little garden out at the back which would be delightful in the summer. My only negative comments would be that (from my basement room at least) you could occasionally hear the rumble of the northern line below - but not too disturbing and that's the price you pay for being so conveniently close to Kennington Tube; and I would have liked some surfaces/shelves available in the bathroom to pop my toiletries on. The following day (post wedding!) Sian was patient and very good humoured as I ventured through the wrong door to reach the breakfast room and stuck bread in the toaster the wrong way. Despite no 'full English' option, breakfast was really enjoyable and nicely presented in a very friendly relaxed atmosphere. All in all, a great stay. Thank you. Laura.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
STG65, Owner at Kennington B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Thank you for staying.
It was lovely to meet you and so glad that you enjoyed your stay albeit very short

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

A very nice B&B situated in SE11 that was perfect for our needs. Sian is a lovely hostess who sorted all our requests prior to our arrival, parking being top on the agenda. We slept well, the shower was great and the breakfast plentiful. If we return to London we would stay here again as the tube was less than a minute away on foot.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

It was lovely to meet the 3 of you. Thank you so much for staying and being such great guests

Reviewed 28 October 2016

excellent location right outside subway station. need to be ready to drag the luggages up though as there are no elevators but i figured that is very common for b&b in London. rooms are spacious and clean but rather basic. we got 2 room on the same floor, while the room facing inside was quiet our group from the other room facing the street complained how noisy it was. we come from tropical area and therefore last week of Sep turned out to be really cold for us so we requested for extra blanket (otherwise one big only has 1 quilt), which was provided but whose quality i cannot say is good. breakfast is sumptious as there are nice fruit salads, a large selection of breads and jam and yoghurt and milk but we soon realized there is absolutely no egg or meat (ie no ham or bacon etc). overall a pleasant stay though.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bernie-joliene

Thank you for staying at Kennington B & B
As it clearly states on my website there is no elevator as the house was built in 1779 and is listed. Guests must be able to carry their own luggage when arriving in London especially when coming from the airport, it is unavoidable to avoid steps when travelling by tube and whilst there is a lift at Kennington tube station there is still one flight of stairs from the platform to the lift.
We do not have blankets in the B & B as they are not hygienic, we have duvets which have a duvet cover, these are professionally laundered after each change of guests, we provided these guests with extra duvets as they complained that they were cold - during that week the temperature went from the low 70's to the mid 60's - warm by British standards but not by Singapore's.
There is always cheese and ham at breakfast which these guests did eat so I'm not sure why they say there isn't any ham.