“More than I expected”
Review of Kennington B & B

Kennington B & B
Ranked #49 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 January 2017

We arrived at mid day on 28/01/17 for a 1 night stay.This was 2 hours before room was due to be ready.
The greeting was warm and welcoming, in truth I felt as if I was an old friend visiting after being away for a while.
That sums up the feeling of the b and b.
After being shown our room (my daughter ,partner and myself ) and having an informative chat with housekeeper , we left our bags in rooms on top floor.
Penthouse suite is a better description. Bedroom and lounge come bedroom also bathroom.
The rooms and hotel in general are spotless.
We all had a look out from balcony at rear of hotel to see an urban fox laying down on the roof of next doors shed.
The bed was comfortable and warm made up with fresh white linen.How do they keep that so clean ?
Breakfast was continental style with plenty of Tea and coffee in the downstairs dinning room, again treated like old friends, we didn't feel like anyone was rushing to get us out .
I have to add that I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cost effective, comfortable hotel with good transport links to London.Add to this a friendly welcome and you will want to go back time after time (We are already looking for a return visit)

Room Tip: Top floor has decent views and nice and peaceful , but 58 steps to climb from downstairs dinning roo...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
STG65, Owner at Kennington B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you for staying and for your lovely review.
We look forward to your return visit

There are newer reviews for Kennington B & B

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and loved it. It was so close to the underground, so we never had a problem getting where we wanted to go. The owner was very nice and helpful. We also really liked walking to local pubs and restaurants for dinner.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying and for your lovely review.
We hope to see you in the future

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I have never submitted a review before on any website, but my kids and I had such an amazing experience that I wanted to let others know. My kids and I stayed this past weekend. The owner Sian and her house keeper were amazing. Every morning they prepared an awesome breakfast and gave us recommendations on how to enjoy the city and the easiest way to get there. The B&B is located in a nice residential neighborhood, really close to the Northern Underground Line and it made it simple to get all over the city. One day my kids and I walked from the B&B to Big Ben, West Minster and Buckingham Palace. The rooms were amazing, clean, comfortable and allowed myself and my three kids plenty of room to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing. In so many ways it felt like a home away from home and added so much to our trip. When I return to this wonderful city I will plan on staying here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for staying and for taking the time to write your first review

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

This is a lovely B&B with well kept rooms in very convenient location. I stayed in one of the downstairs rooms with a private but not ensuite bathroom, which was a bit quirky but didn't really matter. A lot of effort is being made by this owner Sian to make her guests comfortable, which makes for a lovely atmosphere. I especially liked the breakfast, continental with a fantastic fruit salad. Free WiFi is a bonus as well. Generally a great find, definitely a place to go back to.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 65traveller2000

Thank you so much for staying.
I do hope that guests realise that whilst not all bathrooms are ensuite they are private and as the house was built in 1779 they can as the guests says seem a little quirky

Reviewed 5 December 2016

We arrived well before check in to drop off our bags and were met by the lovely house keeper. She was expecting us, was really helpful, advised us which room was ours and gave us a key for later. We had the top floor, which honestly feels a bit like the penthouse suite! Three rooms - bedroom, lounge & balcony and bathroom and a cupboard to keep your luggage/valuables in. Everywhere was spotless, the bathroom lovely (the shower is the best I've had in a B&B) and the balcony a nice treat. I was a little worried I'd be cold (two separate single duvets on the double bed) but was perfectly warm enough.
Breakfast was great - lots of choice inc fresh pastries & fruit, proper coffee - it was a shame I was saving myself for lunch otherwise I'd have eaten more!

I would definitely recommend this B&B :)

Oh and thank you Sian for the tip about Pullens Yard - we spent a great morning there!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrWhooligan
STG65, Owner at Kennington B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Thank you both for staying it was good to meet you. Thank you too for your wonderful review.
I thought I should just address the duvet "thing" we have had a lot of German and Norwegian guests staying in the top suite lately and they have all asked for two separate duvets on the king-size bed ( this is very common on the continent) ordinarily we supply a king-size duvet so I think my housekeeper just continued with the same trend.