Kennington B & B
US$164
US$171
US$112
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$237
US$179
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$130
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$157
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
US$286
US$139
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$70
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

US$83
US$72
Orbitz.com
All reviewskennington tube stationnorthern linetop floorcontinental breakfasthouse keeperyogurtseparate bathroomevery morninga lovely place to stayminute walkpubs and restaurantsother guestseasy accessfirst floorhome away from hometesco expressbus stop
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and loved it. It was so close to the underground, so we never had a problem getting where we wanted to go. The owner was very nice and helpful. We also really liked walking to local pubs and restaurants for dinner.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
STG65, Owner at Kennington B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you for staying and for your lovely review.
We hope to see you in the future

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I have never submitted a review before on any website, but my kids and I had such an amazing experience that I wanted to let others know. My kids and I stayed this past weekend. The owner Sian and her house keeper were amazing. Every morning they prepared an awesome breakfast and gave us recommendations on how to enjoy the city and the easiest way to get there. The B&B is located in a nice residential neighborhood, really close to the Northern Underground Line and it made it simple to get all over the city. One day my kids and I walked from the B&B to Big Ben, West Minster and Buckingham Palace. The rooms were amazing, clean, comfortable and allowed myself and my three kids plenty of room to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing. In so many ways it felt like a home away from home and added so much to our trip. When I return to this wonderful city I will plan on staying here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for staying and for taking the time to write your first review

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

This is a lovely B&B with well kept rooms in very convenient location. I stayed in one of the downstairs rooms with a private but not ensuite bathroom, which was a bit quirky but didn't really matter. A lot of effort is being made by this owner Sian to make her guests comfortable, which makes for a lovely atmosphere. I especially liked the breakfast, continental with a fantastic fruit salad. Free WiFi is a bonus as well. Generally a great find, definitely a place to go back to.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 65traveller2000

Thank you so much for staying.
I do hope that guests realise that whilst not all bathrooms are ensuite they are private and as the house was built in 1779 they can as the guests says seem a little quirky

Reviewed 5 December 2016

We arrived well before check in to drop off our bags and were met by the lovely house keeper. She was expecting us, was really helpful, advised us which room was ours and gave us a key for later. We had the top floor, which honestly feels a bit like the penthouse suite! Three rooms - bedroom, lounge & balcony and bathroom and a cupboard to keep your luggage/valuables in. Everywhere was spotless, the bathroom lovely (the shower is the best I've had in a B&B) and the balcony a nice treat. I was a little worried I'd be cold (two separate single duvets on the double bed) but was perfectly warm enough.
Breakfast was great - lots of choice inc fresh pastries & fruit, proper coffee - it was a shame I was saving myself for lunch otherwise I'd have eaten more!

I would definitely recommend this B&B :)

Oh and thank you Sian for the tip about Pullens Yard - we spent a great morning there!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrWhooligan
STG65, Owner at Kennington B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Thank you both for staying it was good to meet you. Thank you too for your wonderful review.
I thought I should just address the duvet "thing" we have had a lot of German and Norwegian guests staying in the top suite lately and they have all asked for two separate duvets on the king-size bed ( this is very common on the continent) ordinarily we supply a king-size duvet so I think my housekeeper just continued with the same trend.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

First the good: Super location, less than 100 yards from Tube station - on Northern line with easy access to tourist sites and downtown business areas. Continental Breakfast was terrific. Rooms, Kitchen/Dining area, and bathrooms were all very clean. Proprietor very friendly and exceptionally helpful - also resides next door.
The Bad: Boiler for radiator programmed to shut down for several hours during the night - while I like it cool at night, it was too cold. We suffered cold nights in our room until I raised the issue on day 3 and the proprietor reprogrammed the settings for us. B&B is off of a fairly busy street - more noise than expected. For Ground Floor rooms, bathroom is a 1/2 flight of stairs away and down a small unheated hallway. Therefore recommend an upper floor room. Due to proximity to Tube, could actually hear the rumbling of the trains underground - not too loud but a bit weird. Also noteworthy is that the Northern line just started running 24 hrs instead of shutting down at midnight or so. New guests arrive at all hours of night and that can be disruptive for Ground floor sleepers - one night, one new guest actually mistakenly barged into our room! While we had a "King" bed, it was not comfortable as it is actually to full beds joined with a hard seam in the middle. Lastly, although I not sure I ever heard or saw him, the proprietor's young adult son resides in one of the B&B rooms - a bit odd.
The good and the bad average out to just O.K.

Room Tip: Recommend upper floors and avoid ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Jolangfo
STG65, Owner at Kennington B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Firstly thank you for staying at our B&B and for your review and for the good points
With regard to the"bad"I know that the word bad will put off a lot of potential guests which is not very good for me but please let me assure potential guests -do not hesitate to contact me at any time and ask me any question you would like in particular if this review has raised any worries for you.
I will however address some of the points raised in the review as some of them are not entirely accurate and may put off future guests.
Firstly with regard to the heating. I think this raises the most queries from guests. One persons hot is another persons cold and vice a versa. The biggest complaint being that's the rooms get too hot and so we are left in the position of having our heating on and the windows wide open. We do have the heating on a timer as the majority of our guests complain about sleeping in a hot room, and believe me the rooms get very hot it is a very well insulated house and the cast-iron radiators are very very effective. The heating is timed to go off between 3 AM and 6:30 AM and I have never had a complaint about this but when this guest raised the issue of the heating going off I switched off the timer and ensured that he had heat 24 hours of the day. The temperature when they stayed was 56 degrees average heat for the UK for this time of year but would probably seem cold for somebody from Texas, as the guests said as soon as he raised the issue with me I rectified it however as he says in his review he did not tell me until the 3rd day. Also to note the heating can be turned off in your room by the control on the radiator if they room does get too hot.
The underground-in order to be close to transport and get around easily you need to be just that close to transport. The tube does run under the B and B (it runs under most of London) During the week the tube stops running at 12:30 and does not restart until just before 6 AM-whilst it is true the tube has started a service of 24 hours it is not every night, it is only on Friday and Saturday nights.
Everybody is given keys to their rooms and the front door, I apologise for a guest mistaking their room for his? It was not an issue that was raised with me so I cannot really comment other than to say guests can lock their rooms.
I'm not sure why the Guest reviewer thinks it is odd that a member of the family lives in the B and B. It is after all a B and B and most common in the United Kingdom is that the whole family lives in the B and B. As he said he did not see or hear my son so not sure why this was even raised as a problem or even under the heading "bad" though -to note is that insurers prefer this