“Lovely”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Set in bustling Knightsbridge, the award-winning Bar Boulud, London is a French-inspired bistro and wine bar at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, under the direction of renowned Lyon-born chef Daniel Boulud, following the successful format of Bar Boulud New York. The full à la carte bistro menu, served Monday through Saturday and Sunday evenings, is based on seasonal, rustic French cooking, and includes an array of charcuterie, house-made terrines, pâtés, hams, saucissons, boudins and more, specially prepared onsite. Also featured are Boulud's popular American transplants, the "Yankee" and "Piggie" burgers, as well as signature "BB" Burger unique to London. A £17 two or £19 three course 'Bouchon Menu', changing weekly, is available until 7pm, inclusive of a glass of house wine, as an excellent option for pre-theatre dining. New to 2015, Bar Boulud now serves Sunday brunch from 11am to 3.30pm at £39, with Children's Menu options also available. Bar Boulud features an impressive selection of wines available by the glass and by the bottle with a focus on the Rhône and Burgundy regions, as well as a wide selection of draught and bottled beers from noteworthy English and Continental breweries. Serving great wine by the glass from rare, large-format bottles is a Bar Boulud trademark.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Really enjoyed the meal here. Staff were attentive and the place has a lovely atmosphere, nice and laid back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Ruined dinner by Chef’s decision.

I decided to have a casual dinner there with my girlfriend at the bar in order to show her the nice burgers they have and especially the BB burger with foie but the chef forgot to put the foie in it!!!

Unfortunately, when I realised of that, it was too late since I had almost eaten the whole burger and I was not really impressed by it. I started feeling that the burger was quite average, I opened it and I did not see the foie anywhere. I mentioned it to the waiter who had provided a very good service until then and he offered me to get the foie aside. Obviously, that was not what I wanted to have and then he mentioned he would not charge me the foie and would only charge me like a normal burger, thanks God! There it is when his service turned from very good to poor.

Very disappointing experience. It seems that this place is going down when it used to be very good.

Not up to Mandarin Oriental standards.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped by after visiting Harrods .
We were given a very warm welcome .
We were offered water to start and given the menus . A very varied and tasteful menu. In fact I could have chosen
anything on it it was all lovely. We opted for the squid and whitebait to start and the
Chicken Volaille cooked with Swiss chard,
blueberries and potatoes with foie gras sauce. It was beautiful, well presented and
a generous portion.
Charming efficient service , so glad we came across this place we will be back .

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

The menu doesn’t stand out as gastronomic menu, the food is good but nothing that wow u

It’s super crowded and hip but London is full of those places and yet they offer a memorable dinner

Reviewed 10 February 2018

It is three years since I last visited Bar Boulud, and I have read some mixed reviews recently, so was a little apprehensive. However, I found it to be as good as ever. What has changed is the clientele, at least on a Saturday lunch time. The young and trendy have been replaced by older and more affluent, with quite a number of couples with young children. If you are offended by children crying, you may want to avoid Saturday lunchtime.
The food is still superbly French, but with the best burgers in London. We started by sharing some fried calamari and whitebait, which were excellent, together with half a dozen classic escargots. We both had wonderful burgers. A bottle of very reasonably priced Viognier was the perfect accompaniment.
Staff were charming, professional and attentive.

Been to Bar Boulud? Share your experiences!