Corinthia Hotel London
US$222
US$193
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$244
US$167
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza London Riverbank(London)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$204
US$170
Travelocity
2,711 results
All reviewsbassoon barnorthall restaurantafternoon tealobby loungetrafalgar squarethermal floorespa spasleep podswalk in closetamazing spaembankment tube stationheated floorsbeautiful hotellondon eyerain showersteam roomturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Everything is already said in other reviews. The hotel lies 200 m from Horseguards in a side street. Also not far from the Riverside.
Checkin was very welcoming. Hotel and rooms were shown by reception staff.
Room was very clean and modern. It had a huge bathroom with rain shower and bath with TV.
Dressing was small and had just enough space to stall luggage. Airco was electronic and perfect. On the door you could light to not disturb or make my room signs. Beds were very large. The room was very soundproof, view was streetview. Eveningturnover was ok.
Breakfast in the Northall is a little bit confusing in the beginning. Once seated you recieve a menu card to order, but you have also the buffet with a wide choice of everything although in small portions. The emphasis is on healthy food i think, which i liked very much.
Be sure breakfast is included in room price otherwise it can be surprising when you order different things!
Public spaces are very nice flowered and very well maintained. Staff is always very present and concerned in you.
Outside the hotel there were often queues of people waiting around central entrance waiting for celebs residing in the hotel.
Checkout was on the hour we wanted late afternoon.
To conclude: top 5 star in central London, lying quietly but close to major attractions and shopping areas.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments following your recent stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel is ideally located near to the River Thames, a short walk from many of the city’s main attractions. The hotel has been respectfully renovated to create an interior that combines traditional grandeur with modern freshness. Our rooms are some of the largest in the London luxury market and are equipped with the latest equipment making a 21st century traveller’s stay as comfortable as possible. Our bathrooms have heated marble floors, rain showers and LED TVs at the foot of the bath making them relaxing and luxurious. The Northall has a wonderful breakfast selection, with an emphasis on healthier options as you kindly highlighted. All the produce served in The Northall has been sourced from artisan suppliers from around the British Isles. I hope you were able to experience our magnificent spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia while you were here. Our Thermal Floor is complimentary to all our guests and provides a relaxing environment for all to enjoy. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed at the Corinthia in September of 2012. It was wonderful. Our room was large and elegant. The most important quality for me in any hotel is cleanliness. The Corinthia was sparkling clean in all aspects. Service was terrific, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I can say nothing negative. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We pride ourselves in offering a friendly and efficient service and I shall be passing your compliments on to our Housekeeping team as they do an excellent job. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed at the Corinthia hotel on the weekend of the 26th October .My Partner and daughter booked an Executive Delux suite which was lovely ,a real wow factor .As we arrived in our room I confirmed with the young lady who showed us to our room that we would be checking out around 8pm the next day as agreed when I booked the room . ( the hotel advertises this flexible check out terms which was a big reason I booked the hotel ) Well ,sadly the yorng lady responded by saying the check out was 12pm and that policy was no longer valid. I was ,and so were my family really disappointed ,which dampened the mood considerably .

After complaining I was offered another room for the next day after 12pm , when we came back from shopping the room was so small all three of us couldnt relax there so we were keen to check out and get home.. not the weekend I had planned at all . I had paid for a meal for two in the Northall restaurant as part of the deal ,My partner did not want to stay for that .

It is a stunning hotel ,so without that hic cup it would have been a perfect weekend .The staff are really friendly in the restaurants , reception area the lounge staff were a little frosty .

The mood picked up when my 14 year old daughter met some of the X factor finalists in the loby and said hello .

I must recommend Graham the hairdresser that works in the salon at the hotel .Lovely man and great hairdresser.My partner sent me up a glass of wine to chill me out from my frustration that my booking was not being honoured.

So why had the policy changed ? On leaving the hotel on Saturday a huge coach arrived with all the Manchester United team on it -Hmm that could be why our room was no longer available the next day .My daughter did get a photo with the lovely Robin Van Persie ,so she was very pleased and I had my answer.

On checking out we had a lovely receptionist who listened to my concerns ,who then made a gesture of good will ,which I was thankfull for.

It you get what you paid for the hotel is stunning ,sadly it did not live up to my expectations.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KirstyTwsussex

Thank you kindly for your review of Corinthia Hotel London. I am sorry to learn your stay was marred by the news that the hotel was not operating its 24 hours check in and out policy during your stay. Occasionally when the hotel is expecting to be operating at a very high occupancy we freeze our policy, however I am concerned that you had not been informed of this prior to your arrival. Please accept my apologies and I do hope that the rest of your stay made up for this incident.

The hotel is very well located in the heart of culture, entertainment, politics and business, making is an ideal location for those coming to London to go to the theatre or do some shopping. I hope your children were able to take advantage of this. We aim to provide a friendly and attentive service and I am glad to hear that you found this to be the case. We have a variety of guests that stay with us at the hotel and we try to make each individual guest’s stay as enjoyable as possible.

Our salon, Daniel Galvin at Corinthia, is perfectly positioned for those who wish to have their hair done after visiting the spa or for those who are in the area and want to pop in for a quick Red Carpet Blow Dry. I will most certainly share your kind comments with Graham who will be thrilled to receive them.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We had a standard rm with king size bed and the entire decor and ambiance exceeded our expectation for what you get in London! The room was spacious and newly renovated. The bathroom had a built in TV at the end of the tub and a rain shower head in the marble tiled shower stall. Every detail was top notch! We had a great stay there for 4 nights.

Room Tip: What you see on their website is what you get!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay at Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel has been elegantly renovated by GA Design International who have created a wonderful interior combining traditional grandeur with modern freshness. All our rooms and bathrooms are equipped with the latest technology to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

A perfect stay in a perfect Hotel!
Maybe the best property in London, the SPA-Area is definitively by far the best in the city. Location absolutely superb. The staff were amazing and very helpful at any time. We will definitively return!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind comments, following your recent visit to Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel is ideally located on the river Thames and close to many of London’s main attractions making it a great place to rediscover culture, politics, business and entertainment. Our rooms are some of the largest in the London luxury market and are designed for the 21st century traveller. We aim to provide the best service possible, going above and beyond our guest’s expectations and I am pleased to hear that you found this to be the case. I hope to welcome you to the hotel next time you visit London.