“Tower of London”

Ranked #9 of 1,867 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of London's most famous landmarks, the historic Tower houses the Crown Jewels, the prison cell of Sir Walter Raleigh, known as the Bloody Tower, and the Chapel of St. John and the Royal Armories.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have been previously to see the Crown Jewels, but a friend of mine hadn't so we decided to visit.

Saturday of aN Easter bank holiday weekend was busy to say the least. Upon arrival we realised that we had missed the most recent 'beefeater' tour so we decided to head over to see the Jewels themselves,

The queue outside was short, an you do spend some time inside the building weaving your way around the building. You note the size and thickness of the 'doors' and you realise that you must be entering the Jewels area. The Crown Jewels are awesome and you cannot believe the size of some of the gems and the history behind them. I really like that some of the items are not in display and instead they have a little label saying ' in use' which demonstrates that these are the real thing and used on a regular/specific event basis. By the time we came out, the queue was HUGE so I make the assumption that people had a long wait.

We went and joined a beefeater tour. Wow John the beefeater was Informative, amusing, educational and inspirational. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed this tour and cannot recommend it enough.

We spent a few hours at the tower and only saw a small fraction of what was available. We have both said we will return and could happily spend a day going in and out of all the buildings and displays.

Write a ReviewReviews (54,788)
All reviews
in 672 reviews
"chapel"
in 1,115 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I went with my wife and daughter to see sights in London for a week. Although I travel to London almost once a week and live there I had never visited The Tower. It is well worth the visit. The whole park is wonderful; the musea are great and this is one of those sights one has to see in your lifetime!!

1  Thank Leonard K
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Get here early, and just absorb the queues as it an amazing piece of history well presented and informative for all. Will be going back again as soon as I am back in London.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited London on many an occasion but I’ve never been to The Tower of London. We visited today with my 2 young girls 8 and 5 and I have to say it’s the best tourist attraction in The City! So much to do and see, lots to explore and worth every penny of the entrance fee. special mention to Yeoman Warder Lawrence who gave us a tour and was highly entertaining, enagaging and incredibly informative-i would recommend a Yeoman led tour to everyone.

3  Thank Zetun A