“A brilliant experience and day out”
Review of Tower of London

Tower of London
Ranked #10 of 1,886 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of London's most famous landmarks, the historic Tower houses the Crown Jewels, the prison cell of Sir Walter Raleigh, known as the Bloody Tower, and the Chapel of St. John and the Royal Armories.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I've walked past the Tower of London so many times, so this time, I decided I needed to pay it a visit! I booked my ticket in advance, as I was down in London for a meeting first thing on the Monday morning. Really pleased to be able to use my student card! I didn't realise the size of the site, or the time I'd spend engrossed in walking back through history - so make sure you give yourself a good three plus hours! It was honestly such a brilliant experience. I adore history, and standing in the footsteps of some of the iconic figures of Britain. Looking at the Crown Jewels is also awe inspiring! I definitely recommend that you pay a visit - whether you were a solo traveller like me, or on a family day out!

1  Thank Simon S
Write a ReviewReviews (55,614)
All reviews
in 562 reviews
"prisoners"
in 594 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I did both a day walk through and a night tour of the tower. I highly recommend the night tour. It is guided by the historic Beefeaters who give you detailed tour of the tower without bogging you down with too much information.

My only real complaint would be that the tower could do a better job enforcing the no photo rule in the crown jewels area. I watched them tell the same person multiple times to not photograph but the person continued while also cutting on front of others to take pictures. I think enough warning was given and they should be escorted out at that point.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have been previously to see the Crown Jewels, but a friend of mine hadn't so we decided to visit.

Saturday of aN Easter bank holiday weekend was busy to say the least. Upon arrival we realised that we had missed the most recent 'beefeater' tour so we decided to head over to see the Jewels themselves,

The queue outside was short, an you do spend some time inside the building weaving your way around the building. You note the size and thickness of the 'doors' and you realise that you must be entering the Jewels area. The Crown Jewels are awesome and you cannot believe the size of some of the gems and the history behind them. I really like that some of the items are not in display and instead they have a little label saying ' in use' which demonstrates that these are the real thing and used on a regular/specific event basis. By the time we came out, the queue was HUGE so I make the assumption that people had a long wait.

We went and joined a beefeater tour. Wow John the beefeater was Informative, amusing, educational and inspirational. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed this tour and cannot recommend it enough.

We spent a few hours at the tower and only saw a small fraction of what was available. We have both said we will return and could happily spend a day going in and out of all the buildings and displays.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I went with my wife and daughter to see sights in London for a week. Although I travel to London almost once a week and live there I had never visited The Tower. It is well worth the visit. The whole park is wonderful; the musea are great and this is one of those sights one has to see in your lifetime!!

1  Thank Leonard K