“The Best Kept Secret!”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband and I are seasoned travelers, and I am very picky about hotels. Hotel 41 is, by far, my favorite hotel I have stayed in. London's best kept secret is no more! From the moment you walk through the unassuming entrance, a world of elegance, refinement, charm, and exquisite service awaits you. Our two level suite was beautiful with fine linens, contemporary furnishings, an inviting fireplace, two flat screen TVs, and the added touches in the evening of burning candles, tasty chocolates, and bottled water. But it is in the Library where the true pampering awaits. Seated by a crackling fire surrounded by tasteful elegance, the professional staff greet and serve you with a sense of grace and style. Who knew the mere presentation of tea could be made into a true art form? Freddie, Monika, and all the others were outstanding - it is simply their desire to enchant and pamper that makes Hotel 41 a rare find.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bonnie H

Reviewed 25 February 2012

My husband I were celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary and wanted guaranteed 5 star accomodation and service. We were not dissapointed. We were warmly welcomed from the moment we stepped inside this lovely hotel. Every single member of staff was friendly, polite and professional lead by Magda and Freddie. When I had realised that I had forgotten my inner soles for my shoes for the evening, one member of staff went out and got them for me! I couldn't believe it.
Breakfast was amazing. The hotel is small but stunning and situated yards from Buckingham Palace and a 5 min walk to the tube station. We would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting luxury and 5 star service. We will go back with our little girl next time. Thank you Hotel 41 for a truly lovely stay.

Room Tip: Get the best you can afford!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jo f
Reviewed 25 February 2012

"simply the best". 10/10; 5 *; 100%. This must be as close to heaven as you can get on earth.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank OomSchalck
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I took my girlfriend here for a surprise for her birthday back in January. I have been very fortunate to travel around the world and stayed in quite a few wonderful hotels BUT Hotel 41 is SIMPLY the BEST hotel I have ever stayed in by far!

From the moment I made the reservation and informed the hotel that I was bringing my g/f here for her birthday as a surprise I was given so many ideas/options to make her day even more special.

I was provided with a form prior to arrival so that Hotel 41 could accommodate any special requests. The form included information such as pillow menu, if we required any particular magazines, music etc.

Once we arrived at Hotel 41 we were greeted to by a very warm welcome by the doorman, that escorted us to reception. We were offered a glass of champagne whilst we checked in.

The receptionist kindly walked us to our room and took the time to show us the amenities offered in our room and also explained to us how to contact a member of staff if we needed any further assistance.

When we entered our room, there was a special birthday cake that had been put in our room before we arrived to wish my g/f a Happy Birthday. This personal touch by Hotel 41 was priceless.

Once we returned from dinner, we went back to our room and to our pleasant surprise, our room was scattered in rose petals, candles, dim lights and romantic music playing.

Attention to detail was of the HIGHEST in every aspect of our stay.

Our room was very clean and comfortable and the pillow menu had over 10 pillow choices!!

The following morning we had breakfast in 'The Library' which was made to order (full English) and the quality of the food was of a very high standard. The scrambled eggs were AMAZING!

To end our wonderful stay, I had booked afternoon tea for two which we had by the fire place, a perfect way to end a special birthday for my g/f.

All in all, every member of staff that we encountered could not do enough for us and made our stay that extra special.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for that something special. It is an experience you don't receive with so many other 5* hotels

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Internationalbaby
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is the best hotel staffs I have ever experienced!

Excellent service, wonderful attention and with heart and sincerity. I have been travelling for more than 15 years and never wrote a feedback, be it good or bad, though I had more than fair share of bad experience and at times, was really tempted to write to complain.

However, my stay at Hotel 41 was so great that it prompted me, for the first time, to write in and compliment them. In addition to the great hotel staffs, who among many things, were helpful, offered me a boardroom for my breakfast meeting, good dessert plate in my room, brought me a set of tea after check-in. The room is exquisite and location good.

This is more than boutique, it's a one with class and service. Now I understand why it's the smallest (28 rooms in total) 5-stars hotel in London. I stayed for 2 days and enjoyed every minute of it! Highly recommended! I will definitely come back, be it business or holiday. I think it will be the perfect hotel for someone who wants a treat or celebrating an anniversay or special date

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business