“A wonderful birthday experience”
Review of Hotel 41

Hotel 41
Ranked #1 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Rutim
“A wonderful birthday experience”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed here for the third time with my husband in an Executive King room. Everything was perfect.

We brought my husband's mother for a significant birthday weekend and both she and my father in law were enchanted with the place.

The standard of rooms, decor, food, drink, service is just that bit further than you will get in the larger 5 star establishments. You really feel like you matter as a guest here.

Special note to Federic the maitre d' who despite his tender years is the perfect host - nothing is too much trouble, politeness incarnate, no detail escapes his notice.

we will (all) return.
many thanks

Room Tip: enjoy a drink and nibbles in the Executive Lounge, it's a beautiful space.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Rutim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cofffs Harbour
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I admit this was a lash out for a couple of old Aussie duffers. Rather than the usual impersonal large international hotel we chose this most English of properties. It's an Olde Worlde experience in a remarkable 5th floor boutique hotel. The rooms are beautiful each with its own theme..our was a suite with a fireplace and staircase. Great bathroom with bath and shower. Did I say shower....the best in the world! Hot and great pressure. Lucky it was predicted to rain in London because I used half the cities water in this shower. Wow I've never been so clean.

We had a dinner and afternoon tea in our package. The first was in the restaurant downstairs called the Library. We were knackered and didn't feel like eating...till we sat down. What a meal. It was finished by a bowl of honey crunch ice cream. This had a huge ball of spun honey on it. Absolutely to die for.
The afternoon tea was proudly presented with lots of pomp but was not quite as good as some we have had. Still good just not fabulous.

What was fabulous was e service, the breakfast, the location and did I say the service. We felt really special at this hotel thanks to Frederick and his team.

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank ChrisWSapphire
London
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times, the first we stayed in the hospitality suite it is such a stunning room with everything in the hotel being black and white it really works. The suite is huge everything you could possible want or need my only criticism is the size of the bath it is such a shame it is not a bit bigger as this would make it perfect! Everyone is really friendly, glass of champagne on arrival, we had room service on this occasion and it was really nice most hotels fall down on room service but nope can't complain about anything.

The next time we stayed in the conservatory suite erm it's a lovely suite the bathroom is amazing , the bath is perfect would be nice if it was in the hospitality suite. Being able to open up the blind and look up at the stars is very romantic and it is a nice room. We stayed here for my partners birthday they sent up a little cake which is a very nice and personal touch.

We have also stayed in a normal room which was a good size.

We really enjoy staying in this hotel and would really recommend staying here especially if you want a romantic night away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Donna G
Alba
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We booked this hotel based on the recommendations on Trip Advisor and it is proof the system really works! From the minute we arrived we were cocooned in the most excellent customer care I have ever experienced, which as a seasoned traveller is saying a lot. Frederic, Remus, Julian and all the other staff made us so welcome and there was nothing that was too much trouble. The rooms, both public and bedrooms, are beautifully presented with dozens of little details for your added comfort. We had two Junior Suites - individual in design but uniformly delightful in style and amenties, and with the most comfortable bed ever!
41 - now that I've found you, you've become my second home in London!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Maudie55
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I took my girlfriend (now fiance) to propose to her that evening at the hotel and it was the best choice I have ever made. The hotel staff were by far the sole reason for our total enjoyment. Their attention to detail is something to be desired and the rooms were outstanding. After enjoying a complimentary glass of champagne when checking in, we went to our room and minutes later had a phone call from reception to ask if we want to move to an upgraded room which had become available due to a cancellation. We were upgraded to an executive king which was very spacious and well equiped. I also ordered the romantic turndown and they must have used dozens of roses to scatter petals all over the room, the setting was perfect. This was organised while we were at dinner, and there was also a congratulations cake in the room when we returned. I cannot thank all the staff enough (including Frederic the resident manager and Magdalena the reception manager) and I will do nothing but promote this hotel to my family and friends as it was excellent. We can't wait to return already!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple