Hotel 41
US$200
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$180
  • Breakfast included
US$251
US$212
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$433
US$266
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$110
US$205
US$169
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$141
2,982 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebuckingham palaceprivate clubconservatory suiteromantic turndowna hot water bottlechampagne on arrivalrose petalscomplimentary snackshonesty barvictoria stationturn down servicemoment you arrivelittle touchesthe entire stafflounge areafifth floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2012

For our recent stay in London , we had selected Hotel 41, mainly because it was a small boutique hotel, properly located and nicely decorated from what we could see on the hotel’s internet site.
It was also amongst the Condé Nast Traveler Gold list.

To our great surprise, this was our best selection ever for an hotel, not only in UK but from all our previous travel around the world!
Of course, the hotel is very well located, quiet, small and cosy; that is what you should expect from this category.
But what really makes the big difference is the quality of service and the pampering attention received from the staff members.
The team was always warm and made us feel like in our own manor in London !
We can only recommend it to anyone looking for a “difference” when travelling to London.
A special thanks to Frederic and all his team!

Lina and Daniel
Montréal, Qc, Canada

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DANILINA
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have quite simply never stayed in a hotel with such attentive and considerate staff. They knew all of our names from the moment we arrived. I loved that all the rooms were on the same floor. It made the hotel feel small, intimate, cozy and sophisticated.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Katie C
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Like many others on this page, I'm not a regular reviewer of hotel experiences. However, I'm more than happy to report on a wonderful stay at Hotel 41. Every aspect of the hotel exceeded our expectations.

Service:

The service, which is justly lauded on here, made our trip to London incredibly relaxing, which is not something I've been able to say of the city before. It really is a question of 'Whatever, whenever'. If the cost of staying here makes you hesitate, remember that this adds value beyond what any normal hotel can offer. As a one-off experience, or an occasional treat, it would be hard to beat.

Rooms:

Beautiful though admittedly compact. The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.

Food:

Wonderful. We ended up getting back quite late so opted to Plunder the Pantry instead of going our for dinner. The first time, I went out to collect a few plates of food. The victuals consisted of smoked duck, wonderfully spiced chorizo, rare cured meats, incredible cheeses, fresh tiger bread and various chutneys and salads. I'm ashamed to say my wife and I ordered a section helping to be delivered to our room when we were in our bath robes! The reply came: "This will be with you in less than 5 minutes". And so it was. Then I remembered I forgot to ask for fruit and rather tentatively pressed the magic button on the telephone again. "Certainly Sir, would you like us to make it into a fruit salad, or just present it on a plate?". This is turning into a review of the service again but it really does permeate every aspect of the hotel. Breakfast was to die for. I had eggs benedict. We were both able to graze on the continental selection and amazing freshly squeezed orange juice while we awaited the cooked course. The executive lounge is a lovely place to relax in while you eat and I particularly recommend the mezzanine section. The staff positively insisted on bringing anything we wanted up for us and would not hear of us getting up, even to grab something from the continental section. We were so relaxed, I'm ashamed to say we took at least 2 hours over breakfast (which had by the end become lunch).

Service again:

One final thing. As our room was not required by other guests that evening, we were offered it for the rest of the day, while we went shopping. My wife and I were able to come back, freshen up and have another bath and relax at no extra charge. Tea, coffee and other complimentary snacks were still on tap. This would not normally be available, I'm sure, but the staff took the initiative to offer it to us when it turned out that the room was unexpectedly unoccupied for that day. We felt by the end that we'd been staying there a week. Incredibly relaxing.

Special mention for Monika - lovely Polish lady who organised much of the above. Magda too, and Freddie, in the evening (consummate professional in the best French style). The chap from the pantry, whose name I didn't catch, was also fantastic, and the lady with auburn hair who served us breakfast should also take a deserved share of the plaudits.

One night in this hotel is worth as much, and, indeed, in many ways more, than several nights in any good four star. Don't hesitate.

Anthony Howell

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank notaskyofearth
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We booked Hotel 41 as it's rated as number 1 here on TripAdvisor...and we weren't disappointed!
WOW - what a fantastic experience.

On arrival our car was whisked off to be parked and we were greeted by Roman at the front door. We then went up to the Executive Lounge to check in, where, once they found out we had just got married, we were given complimentary champagne.
The Executive Lounge is a great place to relax, and we ended up sitting in here for an hour before we even went to our room.
Magda and Frederic were fantastic and offered us a reduced rate to upgrade to room 4104 - the Conservatory Master Suite - an amazing room with a glass roof to see up to the stars at night. We were then brought a bottle of champagne and cake to celebrate our marriage.

We hadn't booked anywhere for dinner, but this was no problem for Magda who sorted us a table out at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon - a great choice (see separate review).

Breakfast this morning was delicious and we didn't want to come home!

The staff at this hotel made it the best experience we have ever had in a hotel anywhere - they really are fantastic.

A special thank you to Michael, Magda, Frederic, and Roman for making it the perfect end to our wedding weekend.

Room Tip: 4104 is definitely worth it for a special occasion!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emily C
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Having read the recent reviews on trip advisor we booked this hotel hoping , but not expecting , this to be as good as everyone says .
Well it wasn't as good , it was BETTER !
From the unassuming entrance to the grandeur of the private club lounge feel , everything was wonderful .
We were upgraded from a double to a king room which was a lovely surprise , this was black and white and overlooked The Royal Mews . The bathroom was big and had lovely toiletries.
The location is excellent as it is between Victoria train / tube station and Buckingham Palace and you can also stoll through the park to Picadilly CIrcus in approx 20 to 30 mins .
The service is impeccable , nothing is too much trouble . After hearing it was my birthday they arranged a lovely tasty cake and a romantic turn down service .
A special thanks to Frederic and all his team for a lovely stay and a worthy number one status on trip advisor , we will return .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple