See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel Grenville

Me and my Bestfriend took a trip to London on the 20/8/16 to 21/08/16 and we decided to stay here. We are both 20 years old and didn't need a fancy hotel just as long as it was clean.

Advantages-
Brilliant location, really close to st Pancras station and the tube. There are loads of shops and cafes on the way and plenty of busses and taxis.
The beds are clean and the room smells clean- which is a nice change because most guest houses usually smell like antique shops.
The bathroom was clean on arrival and a towel was laid out on the bed- which was a nice surprise.
It isn't too noisy with the window open.

Disadvantages-
The room is very small. Me and my bestfriend shared a twin room and we just about had enough space to put our backpacks (we travel light). The bathroom (if you can even call it that) was tiny. It was the kind of bathroom you get in a caravan. When we went to use the shower we couldn't regulate the temperature so we either had to chose between having 3rd degree burns or frostbite.
The toilet paper was that thin and cheap that you could see through it! It was a risky situation every time you went to use it.
The furniture is very outdated and could do with a complete refurbish.
When we woke up the next morning we noticed we had littles red spots on our backs and legs, we later noticed these were actually bed bug bites!!

Overall-
I wouldn't stay here again due to the fact that when we arrived, the owner didn't even have record of us booking a room even though I had paid online directly. The shower was about as unpredictable as the UK Referendum and the only freebie I got was 20 bed bug bites. Not once did we get asked if we had enjoyed the stay and when it came to leaving a lady kept coming up to the room to remind us that we had to leave by 11am. She came to our room twice. We left the room at 10:59. Even though the room was cheap I definitely wouldn't stay there again. The only good thing about it was how close it was to the shops and tube. I will defiantly think twice about going cheap next time.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Booked this hotel on behalf of my husband who was in London and needed an overnight stay completely understand what budget means as regards facilities but budget should not mean mouldy shower curtain tea bag stain on wall exposed wire paper receipts in drawers from January tiny grubby little excuse for a room when he complained was offered a double for an extra £5. When he refused he was given another better room shower not working properly but hey it was an improvement Didn't wait around for breakfast take our advice muster up a few more quid and try somewhere else

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

At first I was put off by the bad reviews but I really needed a cheap hotel for my trip to see the sights of London. The initial reaction in getting here was deep regret, I felt incredibly uncomfortable and my room was so small and grim. However, I asked to swap rooms and from then on it was a brilliant place to stay. So my advice to others considering, please ignore the reviews and go ahead. If you don't like your room, then ask for another, they're very nice people and very helpful. Don't be put off by the basic look of the place, it suited me fine for five nights. Its in a great location near the tube and in the immediate area are shops and places to get breakfast/dinner. It felt like a safe area and hotel, just don't be put off by the initial appearance as it seems dindgy but it is perfectly clean and well kept. I would happily come back!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2015

Ghastly!! Entrance is via another hotel next door. Net curtains were so filthy they set off our daughter's asthma! Ensuite was the sort you find on ships (really!), dirty, chipped, cramped. Asked for milk and was given packets of powder. No room for breakfast and we were so very stressed with the conditions that we fled to the nearby Costa thereby breaking a rule never to go in one!! Definitely a hotel going for the lowest common demoninator! Just terrible.

Room tip: Don't go there!
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank brokemum
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

Location was good but overpriced for what you get (£50 max!). No coffee, sugar or milk in the room (just tea bags). It was clean(ish) but the floor was so uneven it was difficult to walk on. Things felt like they were going to break if you touched them. Toilet so small I couldn't go to the loo without the door open (sink in the way!). Breakfast was very basic with cereal and coffee. It was ok (at best) for a bed for the night but if you are planning on staying a while beware. More like a hostel than a hotel.

Date of stay: November 2015