“This hotel sold my credit card details to criminals!”

Grenville House Hotel
Ranked #1,022 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is a poor hotel but the other reviewers have covered that angle.. It also has an insecure online booking system where your credit card CVV is captured and stored for future use. After I stayed here, a fraudulent transaction was attempted against my card, resulting in my having to cancel and reissue the card. Grenville Hotel was the only purchase I'd made in the past month so I'm pretty sure the crime originated here..

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel, even if it costs more.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I prebooked and paid for this property because it had good pictures and a 4 star rating. I never ended sleeping there because it was so bad. I went and stayed with family for a night then checked in to another hotel. You had to back into the bathroom to get on the toilet! Never again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank clarer993
Reviewed 22 January 2017

OK, so not the most luxurious hotel in London. But it is clean and comfortable. Adequate bathroom facilities too. Located about 10 minutes from Kings Cross, so very convinient for stations.
Breakfast was just tea and toast, but when you look at the price, and compare to other hotels, this hotel offers excellent value for money.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

AWFUL!! ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL!! Is what sums this place up. My company had booked this hotel for us during a site visit due to its close location to site, but upon arrival we knew it was going to be bad.
The state of the rooms was a disgrace! The smell of smoke was unbelievable.. and I don't think the owners have ever heard of cleaning or even managed to employ cleaners!? I would go into more detail but it looks like all the other reviewer's had the same issues as we did, just take my advice and everyone else's and honesty.... DO NOT STAY!!! at Grenville House Hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Taylor016
Reviewed 24 October 2016

We stopped in this hotel for one night. We payed over £130 for a triple room. On arrival the smell of smoke is the first thing to hit you as you walk into the property.

our room was pretty small and was a real mishmash, it had a double bed and 2 single beds crammed in. The decor of the room was very dated and had marks and stains all over the place. The bathroom was a tiny plastic cubicle in the corner of the room that was disgusting and dirty.

The room we were in was at the front of the property and the window lock did not work and you could hear everything outside as if the window was wide open. Took a long time to get to sleep.

In the morning we went down in to the basement area for breakfast and left minutes later. The coffee was supplied as granules in dirty old Nescaffe jars placed on each table. There was a small selection of cereals via some grubby looking dispensers on the wall and some cold croissants on a table to help yourself too. They did bring some toast out but we declined and went elsewhere to eat.

There is a surprising amount of cameras around the building so I'm not sure what the security in the place is like.

The only plus for the place is it's a 10 minute walk to the nearest tube.

Overall I would say it has got to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and would never go back or recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family