The Tower
US$147
US$222
US$185
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$132
US$183
US$149
  • Restaurant
Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$100
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
US$309
US$148
Orbitz.com
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$78
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$89
7,609 results
All reviewsst katherine's dockbridge viewxi barguoman towertower hill tube stationexecutive roomfantastic locationbit datedlarge hotelan upgradethe club loungetheatre breaklovely roomstayed here for one nightfull englishtea and coffeecooked breakfast
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Between wonderful Tower Bridge and St Katharines Dock, the Guoman is an imposing blight on the London skyline. A 2006 BBC survey voted it the second ugliest building in London.

All communal areas in the hotel are sprayed liberally with a wretch-inducing perfume "aroma" that smells like cheap air freshener. Whilst the staff are friendly and efficient, the rooms are over-priced and shabby.

I'll be happy to see this place demolished and replaced with something that suits the surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank chrisbeach
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I had the misfortune to turn up at the Hotel a the start of February 2012 when the Hotel had suffered a power cut and were having to book everyone in manually. The staff were lovely and apologetic and were handing out wine and soft drinks to queuing guests for free. I was on a cheap deal but had been told Id have an upper room with a good view. I had a pretty good view but on the first floor so I got noise from the taxi rank. After the snow arrived, the fire alarm was set off at 11pm and myself and other people on my floor were unsure what we should do as the stairs down were not easy to find. As it happened the alarm stopped ringing shortly but no staff contacted to put peoples minds at rest. On leaving, I found out that some charming guest had been smoking where they shouldnt have been doing and set it off.
I also suffered from a London cabbie surprisingly, talking loudly on his mobile phone early on the Saturday morning, to the extent I could hear what he was saying. On complaining to reception, he was obviously advised, because when he finally left he sounded his horn repeatedly!!! And he gets business from the Hotel??!!
The ground floor breakfast restaurant has a lovely view of the bridge and serves a good buffet breakfast. Staff are almost too helpful! My room was large, clean, with tea making facilities, nice bathroom, very comfortable but becoming tired in places. But still very nice and such a fantastic location for visiting London.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Gail T
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thanks for your post,
I’m glad that despite the power cut we were experiencing upon your arrival the team were able to manage a difficult situation positively. It's great to read you enjoyed your breakfast in our Brasserie with views over looking the Thames and Tower Bridge.
I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I took advantage of a winter promotion and stayed for two nights, and would have loved to stay longer! Upon check-in I was given a free upgrade, and the staff were very friendly and informative. I was in room 545 which had a breath-taking view of the bridge, and was especially enchanting at night.

The room was quite compact but as it was only me I didn't mind. The bathroom was clean and tidy (with a button for underfloor heating), and the bed was very comfortable once I'd removed the many pillows and cushions! The window ran the length of the room and the view was just incredible. The room had the usual facilities of a TV, hairdryer and tea/ coffee-making equipment, and it also had an iron and ironing board.

It was quite busy upon check-out time but there was a member of staff who happily walked down the queues to collect room keycards.

The hotel is about an 8 minute walk from Tower Hill tube station and between there and the hotel there is a row of bars and restaurants, which are quite lively, and a Starbucks.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank blaqkgloss

Thanks for your post,
I’m delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our recent winter promotion. It’s great to read that you found the team to be friendly and informative and that queues on check out were positively managed.
I hope we’ll have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Firstly great location for the tube, Tower Bridge and Starbucks coffee. Concierge were more than helpful, really could have not done enough for us. We checked in early and had advised the hotel of this in advance which was acknowledged. We were put in room 113 - just do not accept that room under any circumstances. It is dated and offputting. Really it lets the hotel down. I called reception and was told that I had booked a 'standard' room which I had but this was below average. We were moved to the 3rd floor and this was much better. Overall the hotel is clean and efficiently run, internet access is a rip off.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 113!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your post,
It’s great to read how helpful concierge were; we receive consistently positive feedback about the team so I really enjoyed sharing your comments with them.
We are in the process of updating our bedroom product and the standard rooms are part of this ongoing programme however I am glad that the reception team were able to arrange an alternative room.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel last month on business second time mainly because of location working in the city in Fenchurch Street for the day.
The best way to describe it as a very large and impersonal business hotel. Although the views on the bridge were good, the telly picture was rubbish and blurred, the was room cramped and whilst clean, the hotel generally is just big, impersonal and overpriced. There are plenty hotels in this area but booking hotels in london these dayas under £200 at short notice is a real challenge.

It is said that you can tell if we are in a recession if hotels are empty, if this is the case London certainly isnt!

Room Tip: After booking a double room for single occupancy at an incredibly high rate I was informed by reception that there were only twin rooms left. I just gave them the usual response 'well I booked a double and this will not do my back problems any good' strangely they soon found me a double. If you 'have a bad back' you may wish to try it!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for your post,
I’m so sorry to read that we failed to deliver during your recent stay with us. I hope that the Maintenance team were able to resolve the television signal issues for you.
I’m glad you enjoyed the view of the bridge and found the room clean.
I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
Ian.