12,560 results
All reviews covent garden gin palace wooden shutters great location trafalgar square single room charing cross station lounge bar west end executive room theatre land central location rooms are small london eye full english london hotel afternoon tea
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It’s location is good.
We got our room on the 7th floor - it smelled like cigarettes and the AC wasn’t working. Than they moved us to another room where the AC was broken - we asked again for a different room and only than we found out that the whole hote was under construction, and if we wanted a room with a working AC it was an extra 30£. The construction started at 8am - so you cannot get up later than that.
Overall it’s was very disappointing and overpriced for its value.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amit A
Patrick B, Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Amit,

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel; I do apologise that you were somewhat disappointed with your stay.

As you can imagine, all our rooms undergo a thorough cleaning and inspection process prior to being allocated to guests. We always strive to ensure that all our rooms are in the best possible condition prior to guests arriving, and we would like to apologise if this was not the case on this occasion.

As stated on our website, the only rooms that offer air conditioning are our newly refurbished rooms; once our refurbishment is complete this will be something that is offered throughout the Hotel. In the mean time, we do offer electrical fans in all rooms for our guests.

As mentioned, we are currently in the process of a long-term strategic improvement plan for our Hotel and we are paying a great deal of attention to enhancing the existing rooms, aesthetically, technologically and physically. As part of this project we do have contractors working in and around the Hotel. We are doing everything possible to keep disruption to a minimal with works being completed outside of our busiest hours.

King Regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Rooms fine and clean if a little on the small side, but taking a £50 a day deposit in case you may spend in the hotel is ridiculous, I’ve paid for my room already! Good location but scrap the stupid deposit.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Northside7

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

As with other Hotels, we do have a card pre-authorisation / cash deposit policy. All guests are required to pre-authorise £50 per night on a credit card or provide a £50 per night cash deposit when checking in. This is to allow guests to make room charges; guests can decline this is they so wish - it simply means they need to pay as they go. I apologise that this was not communicated to you well. I have passed this information on to our team for further training.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Having stayed at the Strand palace hotel before , it was interesting if in a year the hotel had changed, had it well? Entering the hotel all good , reception staff very good. Our room was the executive room unfortunately not as good. Please note this room doesn't have a fridge with complementary drinks etc, also as my wife is a type one diabetic ideally if you stay for longer than a week it could be a problem ( some where to put insulin) Please note if you go down to breakfast at the wrong time you will queue not a good impression for a 4 star hotel( same as last year) The hotel overall is good but some standards in my opinion are not of a 4 star standard.

Room tip: Check if room has a fridge and make sure your room is not near the lifts
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary H

Dear Gary,

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

I do apologise that you were unhappy with your room; I can confirm that the only room types that do have a complimentary mini bar are our new Deluxe King Rooms and this is stated on our website.

Our Housekeeping and Security teams are able to assist with the storing of medication; our security team are available 24 hours a day if medicine is needed urgently.

We do understand that we have queues for breakfast; as a Hotel with 800 rooms it is near impossible to avoid queues completely. However, these are dealt with efficiently and no guest is ever left waiting longer than a few minutes.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I needed a hotel close to the Aldwych Theatre and knew this was about a 5 minute walk away. Perfect.

Reception
The young male receptionist on check in was very pleasant and located a room for me away from any janitor/cleaner closets. I had been advised to avoid these rooms as the cleaners accessing them can make a fair bit of noise.
On check out I was a little confused as when I asked for an extended check out time, the supervisor advised the hotel was full and then explained that it would cost £30 to extend until 3pm. Unfortunately there is no room to change in and as my flight out was not until 9:45pm it would have been great not to have had to change in one of the hotel toilets.

Room 352
It was advertised as a ‘cosy’ room so I was concerned at how small it might be. As it happens although small it was ideal for what I needed. The bathroom was very small, but ok for a single person. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.

Location
Excellent. Right in next to Covent Garden.

Overall Impression
Probably won’t stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Patrick B, Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

All late check outs do depend on availability; there are occasions when we can offer a late check out but in an alternative room. When you were informed that the Hotel was full, this would have been in the room category that you had booked which is why we were only able to offer a late check out in an alternative room. Any guest who wishes to have a late check out is advised to request this prior to arrival so that we can guarantee the availability for them.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Really nice hotel. The staff is friendly. I spent two nights at the hotel. My first visit to London. The location was great to go around. It is located close to the commercial area of Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square and then the Westminster area,

Room is conventional but was clean, quiet and neat. The staff was very friendly and provided a good service. The day I was leaving, there was a Marathon in London and despite the difficulty to get a taxi, the sttaff managed to get it on time.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Omar,

Thank you for reviewing the Strand Palace Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff members to be both friendly and attentive!

I hope we can welcome you back here again soon!