All reviewsmarylebone high streetwallace collectionmanchester squareold english charmenglish hotelmarylebone areatraditional hotelcharming hotelbond streetregents parkonly stayed one nightwest endupgraded to a suitethe ground floorsingle roomlondon hotelfull english
Reviewed 21 September 2015

Our room (12) was quite small and dark with a standard double bed which seemed surprisingly small - we must now be so used to bigger beds! This is all 'par for the course' with London I suppose. It was also noisy, being on the ground floor.
But, overall I liked the hotel. It has a nice feel, is not too big, has good bars and a nice traditional restaurant, great concierge and door staff. I would use it again but try to get a quieter room and perhaps pay a bit more for a bigger bed!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms can be a little noisy. You pay more for bigger beds - a double is a standard double in a small room.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights on business. The room was dark and depressing. Hardly any natural light. Old, tired furniture in room. Grotty looking bathroom. No in room coffee / tea making facilities. Loud noises all night from pipes / heating system. Extremely overpriced hotel that badly needs a makeover. Regretted staying here and would not recommend.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank dancaz4
Reviewed 17 September 2015

I stayed here for two days on business and it really is very old fashioned, beautiful wood panelling on the walls, lots of lush carpets and antique paintings in the common areas. The dining room is formal and deathly silent at breakfast which made me a little conscious to even chew! Plus breakfast is expensive and you have to pay additionally for it. The rooms are spacious and once again nod to the past but pretty comfortable if not a little tired looking in places. The fan in my room looked as if it was from the 50's but it did a good enough job even though it sounded like a small diesel engine. One thing you must keep in mind if you are going spend any time there for business is that the Wifi is AWFUL! I mean worse than dial-up speed. It's unusable, I couldn't even properly use e-mail, so beware. Bar prices are pretty top end but it can only be expected for the area. Finally, the location is great, easy walk to the tube and great stroll around tourist areas of London.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

Love this place! Beautiful hotel, very good value for money, good sized rooms, very clean and well presented, lovely ambiance, very helpful staff, useful location for business or pleasure, will most definitely be back. Next time in London

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2015

My husband and i booked one night at Durrants Hotel as we were attending a gala dinner. Once checked into the hotel we were taken to our room which was very tired and had wallpaper peeling off the walls. When we went to put our belongings in the bedside cupboard we noticed left over empty tablet packets, tissues and other rubbish in there.

This concerned me as it led me to believe the room had not been cleaned properly.
Later that evening i called housekeeping as i needed a wine glass for our beverages, 20 minutes later i was still waiting for the glass. I had to leave my room and go down to concierge to request for it again, they did apologise but at this point it was too little to late.

The location of the hotel however is great, just less than a 10 minute walk from bond street.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple