“Definitely recommend!”

Megan's on the High Street (Kensington)
Ranked #6,667 of 23,945 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$34
Description: Dog friendly, neighbourhood restaurant, voted most romantic restaurants in London, best brunch & best bottomless brunch in London. Beautiful restaurant with stunning main dining area & a relaxed lounge. A charming spot for al fresco dining in High Street Kensington. Open for brunch, lunch, dinner & cocktails. Brunch is all day everyday with bottomless brunch on weekends. Known for posh kebabs, mezze plates, the espresso martini & THE half baked cookie dough. A great casual & fun spot for parties & groups with private dining & our famous sharing platters.
Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

The food here is absolutely delicious! My friend and I split the cheese fondue which was dreamy. For main I had the steak and chips which was cooked perfectly, there were lots of other things on the menu which also sounded delicious. I wanted to have dessert but was too full sadly!

The decor in the restaurant is gorgeous. The staff are very friendly and helpful, they were attentive but we didn’t feel rushed at all. The restaurant is also in a great location right on the high street by the tube.

Definitely worth a visit and I can’t wait to return!

Date of visit: April 2021
Donia, Marketing at Megan's on the High Street (Kensington), responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you SO much for your fantastic review! I have passed on your comments to the wider team - We are so thrilled that you had such a great experience. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Write a reviewReviews (69)

Reviewed 30 May 2021

A group of friends and I reunited for a shindig and oh what a night! Sophie the waitress was fantastic and amazing and went above and beyond. Thank you Sophie!

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you SO much for your fantastic review! I have passed on your comments to Sophie, who is a very very important member of our team - We are so thrilled that you had such a great experience.

Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

I was completely disappointed with my trip to Megan’s. I think the place is overrated after the food, drinks & service I experienced and appalled by the cleanliness.

Firstly, staff were not wearing masks and had mouth guards on instead or masks under chins. Our waiter came over with his mask under his chin and leaned on the table to talk to us. So unprofessional and....covid?! Covid didn’t seem to be a problem with staff as they all gathered around the till point and at no point in the 3 hours of my visit did I see a staff member sanitise hands or clean down the screens many were using. Regular cleaning and covid rules need to be seriously addressed by management. Staff also stood in front of my table arguing about tables, so unprofessional.

We waited almost 30 minutes before receiving our drinks. A simple bottle of Prosecco and aperol spritz. The aperol was a disappointing size for the price.

Our food started to arrive after some time and one dish never arrived, the waiter dropped the bread to go with the cheese fondue so had to get a replacement (yes accidents happen but we waited for the bread and the cheese then congealed while it got cold waiting for the bread). We had to keep asking where the missing starter was and the waiter admitted it was his fault. We asked for more flatbread to come with the hummus as you’re served a large about of hummus with a small amount of bread so asked for more and this also never arrived.

We had to constantly ask for more water and drinks while sitting with empty glasses all night then again long wait times on drinks.

Then mains arrived and again the order was wrong. We were celebrating my friends wedding and it was a special occasion meal for this and it was her food that was wrong so really annoying.

No check backs were given at any point during the meal. I had the vegan shakshuka which had no flavour, simply luke warm chopped tomatoes. I only gave 2 stars as my friends said they enjoyed their meals but based upon my experience it would be 0. This may seem harsh but I work in hospitality and was so disappointed after picking this restaurant out myself hoping for great food and a nice evening out. Simply bad customer service, poor food & ignorance towards covid validates my review.

No apology was offered on the evening until I asked for something to be done about the bill as I was not happy paying £250 for a far below average meal. 2 bottles of Prosecco were taken off which probably cost £5 a bottle to buy so very disappointing. I will not be retuning or recommend the Megan’s chain to anyone. I hope my review is seen by management and issues are addressed especially those related to covid in the world we are living in.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank 913kerryh

Thank you so much for your review, I am so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit to Megan's.

With regards to our covid policies, I am very sorry that you felt that we fell short on these. Our team complete a health questionnaire before the start of every shift, wash their hands every 30 minutes & wear masks. We have sanitising stations at every entrance, host station & at our loos; I have just put these in a more prominent position with a sign so that they are more obvious to our guests. You can find our full risk assessment here detailing all of the other measures we are taking & enforcing to ensure our guests & team are safe: https://megans.co.uk/news/megans-corona-safety-measures-london/

Thank you so much for your feedback & please be assured that I am taking it seriously. We will be doing a full site check to ensure that all of our corona safety measures are being followed to the letter!

Reviewed 28 May 2021

I visited here last night and the food was fab, staff so friendly but last night I met a friend there (2 of us and we weren't drinking) and we got in at 6:30 and left at 9 which was a lot longer than expected! We had to get up to ask to order mains, ask to order pudding and get the bill and pay on the way out as the service just wasn't there. It's a shame as the place is so beautiful and the food is great!

1  Thank Banders89

I am so sorry to hear that you waited such a long time for your food! Please know that these are by no means our usual standards at all & that we are very sorry about this. I would really like to conduct an investigation in to what happened on your visit, so would really appreciate it if you were able to send over some more information to me on hello@megans.co.uk. Then I can fully understand what happened & ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Thank you so much in advance & I hope to hear from you soon :)

Reviewed 25 May 2021

I love Megans I’m usually a regular on the new kings road one! And when they opened up in Kensington I was super happy because I absolutely love Megans!

Fist visit after lock down I was greeted by the GM Amo and wow it was like he read my mind ( he knew what I wanted to order before I said it hahahaha ) he was super friendly got me seated quickly and made me feel at home instantly.

Food, atmosphere and everything else is always on point anyway and the fact I can bring my dogs inside with me is the best!

I’m back a second time and The GM Amo instantly recognised me outside and I didn’t even have to wait in the que he got me seated and served ASAP!

What a wonderful friendly atmosphere it is here

Super happy

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you so much for the amazing review, we are SO pleased to hear that Amo took very good care of you. He is a very important part of the Megan's team and we are so pleased to have him in the Megan's family.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Megan's again soon :)