2,346 results
All reviews wet room euston station wardrobe space st pancras kings cross coffee machine british museum short stay air con russell square full english one night stay afternoon tea rooms are small west end deluxe room excellent location
Reviewed 27 April 2016

We arrived at the hotel at 12.00, to be told that check in was not until 15.00. Ok I agree if this is the time then the rules need to be adhered to.
The reception staff were stern and very formall.
The tiny reception leads into the bar and the lift is beside the reception area which made it very close with other guests wishing to also check in.
The porter was helpful allowing us to put our baggage in the store so that we could go outside to eat and grab a cup of coffee, although it would have been nice to have had a room to freshen up in.
When we arrived at 15.20 hours the reception was busy so had to wait.
It was only my opinion but I was dressed casually in shorts and the staff seamed to look down upon me as if I was not 100% welcome.
We were give a room key (104) and made our way to the first floor .
Straight opposite the lift was our room, when we opened the door we were taken aback by the size of this room, it was tiny, I paid nearly £200 per night to stay at this hotel.
It was hard to move around the room as not a Lot of space between the bed and the wall, when I looked out of the window the view was of the road and the hotel canopy. Directly above reception.
Another guest exited the lift and we heard every movement and sound they made, bear in mind this was within the first 5 minutes of being in the room. The room was decoded in mid 1990s light oak effect wood the walls were drab and lifeless.
The toilet/shower facility was aprox 2 meters x 2 meters square and looked like it had been modernised sometime after the rooms had been decorated.
The storage was minimal being able to hang only 4 hangers worth of evening dress wear in the cupboard. One note is that also the room had nowhere to put things, shelving etc, there were minimal mirrors situated in the wrong areas which made everything revolve around and on the bed.
I went to reception to complain.
The reservations manager came to my room and was polite and friendly, very proffessional in her attitude.
I explained that I had booked a superior double room, she told me that the booking company had made a mistake and the hotel only done double rooms and superior had now been taken off of the price list,, even though my confirmation stated superior.
We were moved ..... Room 509 on the fifth floor.
The room was exactly the same decor but a little larger in area, im now running out of characters to continue,,,,, Please spend your money elsewhere,, very overrated, expensive guest house.

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotel if you don't want to end up staying in a dated overpriced room with 2 single beds pushed together to create a double bed. The beds were spring loaded and maybe back in the nineties they were in a good comfortable condition, but certainly past there prime now. Felt that as a trivago / on line customer we ended up getting second rate rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
2  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I was in London for couple days and the hotel has everything room service, restaurant , they offer you guide service if you want it and if is late late night they can get pizza for you great service ...

Room Tip: Small but clean...is London
Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2016

The location was easy walking distance from both the Kings Cross/St. Pancras train station and many of the great sites to see in London. Clean, with a pleasant staff, the rooms were the smallest I have ever stayed in with scarcely room to put down your bag. Probably the highest price per square foot I have ever paid, but I suppose since it is London...

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank brianmV5475KJ
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Stayed in a twin room which was modern, clean and tidy but very small. We don't mind small rooms but they have to be accordingly designed and this was lacking in that department. A tiny wardrobe, only about 6 inches deep was the only storage available. A very small desk with just enough space to fit a laptop. However, that space entirely occupied by the complimentary tea/coffee facility.Talking of which, we were unable to make the coffee machine work so we rang for assistance which arrived very promptly. The reason? The machine had been recently descaled and needed to be flushed through.
The small bathroom again had no shelving and any other location to place toiletries - very impractical.
Beds nice and comfortable. Staff very helpful.
But I think it is ambitious to designate this as a 4 star property.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We have stayed many times here over the years and just ideal for what we usually require. Staff friendly rooms very clean and postion of hotel ideal for undergrounds and rail to get to the busier parts of London that i would not want to stay in. Very reasonably priced for a London Hotel, will definately use again as we know exactly what we are getting and do not have to worry about the standard.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family