US$195
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
US$110
US$91
Hotels.com
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$80
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$211
US$158
US$147
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments(London)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$142
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$125
  • Room Service
US$163
US$148
All reviewsoxford streetsister hotelclub roomroom servicesteam roomhyde parkbottle of champagneduty managernice roomwest endlate checklocation was perfectone night staybed was very comfortablerooms are smallmontcalmbathrobes
Reviewed 19 November 2014

there is no doubt that this is a very nice hotel and quality is very good. But something is strange here. When checking in they required a payment which I normally swip the card but a full payment to me was strange. When I got to my room it was very cold - AC blasting out cold air around 17. Every day when I returned to my room it was the same even after turning it up
There is a doorman but not once did he actually open it
They have a strange key system which take a bit of swiping, it just does not open first go
Checkout was very slow and there was no auto checkout
Every morning I got a Chinese news paper
The food was good breakfast was not bad. The room it's self was excellent very nice bed

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Crazyfoodlover
Reviewed 6 November 2014

Booked as a last minute stay in London. Arrived in enormous lobby where you can get lost, but check in staff friendly and efficient. Kindly upgraded me to a larger room (and quieter as I had asked). This meant walking around the corner to another building, but not a problem to trade up for more peace and quiet. Large room and windows that opened. Plenty of space. Shower room however was a bit odd - tiny sink that meant water went everywhere, poor lighting and no where to put you stuff and worse of all, not possible to use the toilet in the night without lighting up the whole room and waking others... Shower powerful though! Would happily return but ask for a differing bathroom option I think.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2014

the staff would go ta any extent to make your stay comfortable though some rooms can be small bit at least the fittings are new and they actually come at nights to check whether u would need anything .loved it

Room Tip: ask for the bigger rooms
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Francesco S, General Manager at The Marble Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2015

Dear DOLZBALANI,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip-advisor following you stay at Marble Arch by Montcalm Hotel.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am pleased that you appreciated the effort of our team in ensuring the guests have very comfortable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Marble Arch by Montcalm Hotel in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Francesco Sardelli
Hotel Manger

Reviewed 30 October 2014

I travel extensively to Europe, and London in particular for business, and was surprised by the poor value of the hotel. But I'll start with the positives: great location, especially for tourists interested in shopping. Plus the facilities are extremely clean and well managed. And the work out facilities are excellent.

That's about all, however, for positives. I am shocked by the descriptions below. I made a room reservation for their "Berkeley Single" which is a borderline fraudulent description of the room. It is about 4x10 feet in size. (think prison cell). The single meant SINGLE--the bed was about the size of a bunk bed (without the bunk) so at most one person could fit on it (and I am very thin). It was also below ground. There is no direct exposure to sunlight, and I still paid more than I would at many peer hotels in London or New York.

I asked to be woken up at 1145pm due to jet lag, and instead was called at 745 to ask about breakfast. Once I woke up, I couldn't go back to sleep because the walls are extremely thin and noisy.

I will not be returning to this hotel. I normally stay in the sister property, the Montcalm, which has itself become quite pricey for the value. But I'm inclined now to find another hotel complex for my London trips.

Great location, but you can find much better deals.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Business T
Reviewed 23 October 2014

First off, great hotel. Clean, comfortable, nice staff.

The problem is, poor management practices. I booked 6 nights online, under a "non-refundable" condition. Fair enough. I'm used to that sort of thing. But that apparently means something very different here.

I needed to cancel my trip one night early to go home for an emergency, so I informed them of my intention to leave one night early. Where I come from, "non-refundable" means you need to show up for at least one night. I've also seen as much as three nights, but that was for a major resort city. I get that -- it protects the hotel and gives the traveler a better deal.

But, this hotel refused to let me go one night early without charging me. That is very, very strange in my opinion -- especially since I've stayed here before and often travel to London. In fact, I stayed here because I like it the hotel so much -- despite the fact that it isn't close to my office.

Long story short, this place has lost my business permanently. They would have received dozens of nights of my business for the next year, but instead chose this ridiculous route they have chosen here. Even after explaining that, they didn't care. I was not trying to "get out" of my reservation, just a typical business traveler who already stayed here 5 nights and needed to go one night early.

So, if you are also someone who cannot guarantee with certainty that life's events won't change your week of plans, please take caution before staying here... they do not care about you.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business